CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

F/T vs. Live Debate

Old 02-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #31
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshark View Post
[another citation needed]
Sorry bout that!

=Reference=
DarkSmoke (2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
above post

Old 02-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #32
Nroc
Quote:
still, raw food is healtier for us unlike popular belief and the world is over paranoid about germs.
You been reading Aajonus Vonderplanitz?

Old 02-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #33
DarkSmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshark View Post
Dogs are not true carnivores, they evolved by eating food from human trash heaps. The problem with most pet foods is that they are marketed to consumers that think this or that is cool rather than what is actually healthy for their pets to eat.

now how did i get suckered into this off topic sub-plot?
dogs a'int an evolution, dogs are a lot of breeds made by humans from wolves. they didn't evolve to eat trash , the stray ones do it to survive. They are still listed under the order Carnivora , they are true carnivores.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #34
DarkSmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nroc View Post
You been reading Aajonus Vonderplanitz?
No, but as already stated i'm omniscient.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #35
wstphal
There are veterinarians who advocate for a bones-and-raw-food diet for pet dogs & cats. I can't give you a name at the moment, but I know they exist, I just have to get back to working. So DarkSmoke is advocating a minority opinion regarding dogs, but he may be right.

And he's on the correct side of the aisle on the topic feeding live to snakes, so give him some slack!

Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #36
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
There are veterinarians who advocate for a bones-and-raw-food diet for pet dogs & cats. I can't give you a name at the moment, but I know they exist, I just have to get back to working. So DarkSmoke is advocating a minority opinion regarding dogs, but he may be right.

And he's on the correct side of the aisle on the topic feeding live to snakes, so give him some slack!
I don't think he is on the right side of the aisle here, as he feeds live food to his snake for no other reason except that he likes to watch. His snake ate thawed food until he bought it.....

Old 02-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #37
DarkSmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
I don't think he is on the right side of the aisle here, as he feeds live food to his snake for no other reason except that he likes to watch. His snake ate thawed food until he bought it.....
No its not the only reason. There are other reasons.
One of them is its more natural, but i never name that because people will jump on me and complain that keeping a snake in a vivarium on news paper is not natural. But i think it different, i know its not natural but at least we can leave them the most important think that keeps them alive as natural wich is their food. Yeah maybe its not mice/rats they eat in nature but again, we could at least leave them something from their nature and that is how they kill and eat their food since they don't have freezers and thawing to alter the natural state of the dead body in the nature.

no body will probably agree with me on this so save it. i just named you another reason from my reasons why i feed live cause you seem to still think i feed live only for the thrill of watching it.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #38
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Then I misunderstood, because he endorsed p/k & f/t in the above post so assumed that's how he fed.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #39
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
Then I misunderstood, because he endorsed p/k & f/t in the above post so assumed that's how he fed.
Nope. He just LOVES risking injury to his animal under the guise of "natural".

Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #40
starsevol
Quote:
No its not the only reason. There are other reasons.
One of them is its more natural, but i never name that because people will jump on me and complain that keeping a snake in a vivarium on news paper is not natural. But i think it different, i know its not natural but at least we can leave them the most important think that keeps them alive as natural wich is their food. Yeah maybe its not mice/rats they eat in nature but again, we could at least leave them something from their nature and that is how they kill and eat their food since they don't have freezers and thawing to alter the natural state of the dead body in the nature.

no body will probably agree with me on this so save it. i just named you another reason from my reasons why i feed live cause you seem to still think i feed live only for the thrill of watching it.
It is also "natural" for a hatchling snake to die before it is a year old.
It is also "natural" for a dog to die of distemper.
It is also "natural" for an older animal to die of starvation.

"Natural" has NO PLACE when it comes to a PET.
If you love your pet, you throw "natural" out the window, and do what is best for the pet.....

If you don't demand that your pet dog kill its food, then demanding the same thing of your pet snake is just stupid, and cruelty for cruelties sake alone....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google