CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Elemental Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Elemental Exotics Welcome to Elemental Exotics! Hobby breeders working with Corn snakes, Thai Bamboo ratsnakes, Mandarin ratsnakes, African House snakes, Rosy boas, Rainbow boas and more!

Elemental Exotic's 2017 breeding season.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #81
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
There's no patterning at all on a tessera blizzard? Uuurrrggghhh
Looking at Blizzard pictures, there seems to be quite a range of possible amount of patterning. I know they are generally supposed to have less than a snow. It can be nothing to quite a lot apparently.

On a few of his pictures, I feel like I kind of see a bit of tasselated pattern on the side and maybe a stripe on the dorsal but I'll look away and look back and not see it. Not sure if it's actually there or just my eyes playing tricks with what I want to see. He has no pattern on the belly for sure.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #82
DLena
Little fart! If I was in your place, I know that would be driving me nuts, in the back of my mind. I don't know how you let some go when there's a mystery about them.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #83
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post

And the Blizzard all the way out, he was very uncooperative with pictures! Took a very quick look with just my naked eye at his tail and thought I possibly saw hemipenes, so call it a male for the moment

If he was easier to take pictures of, he'd work great for anatomy lessons!
I keep thinking that. I remember those model kits -- the visible man and woman. I made some of those in college when I studied anatomy! He still looks like a little sweetie but it is a little disconcerting!

Old 07-28-2017, 01:24 PM   #84
Tavia
Darn it, LOL! The second to last egg pipped and it's another Blizzard! Oh well.
People have been asking me for Blizzards since I first bred my original Phantom pair, so hopefully they are still in as much demand at least.

These you might be able to get some nifty extra genes at no extra charge anyway, LOL.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:40 PM   #85
Tavia
Well, crumb. This is why breeding is not for the faint of heart. The Blizzard baby is still taking it's time to come all the way out but the very last egg starting looking bad, so I slit it and could tell it was dead. Cut the baby out and it was a Classic Tessera with a neck kink and one missing eye.

Oh well, these things happen, especially with R leaning strategists like corns.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #86
DLena
I'm very sorry about your last little baby.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:19 PM   #87
DollysMom
I'm so sorry. I know it's never easy to lose one, even DIE.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:03 AM   #88
Tavia
The 5th and last Persephone x Warric corn baby just emerged.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:10 AM   #89
MysticExotics
Wow, so are you going to hold back the Blizzards to see if they're Tessera's?

Old 07-30-2017, 12:18 AM   #90
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Wow, so are you going to hold back the Blizzards to see if they're Tessera's?
No, I don't have room, especially if I'm going to hold back a number of the possible Super Tesseras from Max's clutch. Would like to though! I've got so many this year that I am going to be hoping buyers keep in touch with me!

Oh, forgot to mention, candled this one and looking girl at the moment.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google