CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Devastated

Old 03-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
Jillian
Devastated

I am just gutted. I finally found my "unicorn" of snakes, a blood red pied side female. I'm from Canada so we don't have much available here. She was just a wee wormling. I have 9 snakes. But she was the one.

My in-laws came by with their grandkids and a friend. Some how one of the kids opened the tank that she was housed in and she got out. I've searched every where for her. I've said food traps in pop bottles. I've tried everything to find my baby and she's just gone.

I am so gutted. I may never be able to get another one like her ever again. I bought a lock for her tank in case I find her. But I'm not holding out much luck at this point.

I had her for 4 weeks. I'm just bawling like a baby on this one.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
Jillian
This is her

This is my wee Hush.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
crackerhead
Don't give up hope. Some times they are gone for a very long time before they show up. I've had great success catching hatchlings with rolled duct tape placed along the baseboards. They get stuck and a little spray Pam releases them unharmed. You can put it in every room with minimal effort or disruption to your daily movements. Just be sure to check the "traps" often. You don't want the animal immobilized too long.
Keep looking. It'll turn up.

Terri

Old 03-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
Jillian
Thanks I'm trying. I just hope she's not in my walls or ventured into the basement. I have food traps out. On every level. But still nothing.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
Twolunger
Check the basement thoroughly. For some reason, safety?, snakes tend to go downwards. I was raising one for a friend and it escaped because the container lid was too loose. He assured me the snake never got loose before, but I did find it in the basement.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #6
Rich Z
Just check around frequently. Get up a couple of times at night with a flashlight and just check thoroughly. They usually do turn up, you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

Sooner or later the snake is going to get thirsty and start seeking water.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #7
Jillian
I got up last night a bunch of times. I look like someone breaking into my own house crawling around on the floor. I'm ripping apart my house today after work. I'm so desperate to find her.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:46 AM   #8
Twolunger
Don't panic, she can live a long time without eating. What you don't want is the house too cool. She will be less active and may not move around much. An old trick I used was to sprinkle flour or powder lightly along the floors near the walls ( where there is no carpet). Put small containers of water along some of the walls, so if she searches for water she will disturb the flour.
Then if the flour is disturbed you can isolate the room where she is hiding. Check out possible hiding places, like shoes or other items in closets, and move them temporarily into sealed cardboard boxes. The fewer hiding places available the better.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:53 PM   #9
Jillian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Just check around frequently. Get up a couple of times at night with a flashlight and just check thoroughly. They usually do turn up, you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

Sooner or later the snake is going to get thirsty and start seeking water.
THIS WORKED!!! Thank you for this advice. I went down stairs with just a flash light and checked the last two days. She was just found. Dusty and angry. But you were 100% bang on. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Old 03-21-2018, 02:09 AM   #10
mcnann_fam
Awesome news!!! I am so glad you found her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google