• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Big BIG Brown Water Snake

SkyChimp

I went fishing today. I was casting around an old bald cypress tree with branches about 4 feet off the surface of the water. As I brushed past a branch, I looked and saw a 4-4.5 foot Brown Water Snake basking on the branch not 2-3 feet from my shoulder. I have to say, I nearly jumped off my boat. This snake as big. I went around the tree for another pass. The snake just laid there and I was able to get right up next to it. I reached out with my hand just above its neck. For the first time in a long time, a snake actually scared me. This guy looked bent on giving me the bite of mylife. I hesitated just long enough for it to dive headlong into the water. I lost sight of it for about 5 minutes when I saw it again swimming to the next tree. It started to climb up the base. By the time I got my camera out, it had gotten into a hole in the hollow base of another tree.

You are going to have to trust me on this one, there's a snake inside that tree. I'll have my camera ready tomorrow.

Attachments

• brown.jpg
    brown.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 79
Back