CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Poop Question

Old 11-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
jagodzinski
Poop Question

Just going to preface this post - its a bit gross. I wasn't sure if I should ask about this - because it deals with the grossest side of corn snakes, but I just wanted to make sure Jag is OK.
So, anyways, here goes the story....

I fed Jag about 4 days ago. So I was expecting her to poop today. And I hate dealing with poop in the enclosure so I usually try to get her to poop outside. What I do is a lay down a trash bag with papertowels on top, and I also stuck some absorbing pads on there. I handled her for a couple minutes then laid her down with her vent over the pads and gently rubbed down her sides towards her vent, which makes her poop 99.99% of the time.

Well this time, she opened her vent and I could see some white/yellow stuff (like urates I thought). And she held it open for a couple of seconds before she pooped (which is unusual for her). Then she pooped and a LOT of liquid came out. (Also, she usually poops twice a week, but based on the size, I'd guess she'll only poop once this week).

When she was done, she started sliding with her tail still raised and I noticed there was the mucuous stuff attached to her vent she wiped on the paper towel. It was a very very little amount - sort of like boogers (I am so sorry this is so gross).

Everything else, behavioral wise is normal, she is alert, awesome muscle tone, moving around the viv as usual.

But I was just wondering if that was normal (the mucuous stuff - what was that)? And is it okay there was that much liquid waste? Once again, so sorry about how gross this is - I just want to make sure Jag is OK.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
kikojaharo
I'm not well versed in the anatomy of snake poop, but it sounds like an extra large poop. Mines does the little tail raise you're describing too. As far as the mucous, I don't know if it's the same, but I know humans have a lubricating mucous to "move things along" I think as long as he's healthy, it was just a big poop.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
Nanci
Sounds normal to me. Very graphic description!! ;-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google