CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Eggbound girl. Informative Egg Aspiration Video Included!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #81
irshwitch
Thanks go out to both of you, Baroness and SnakeAround, you are both right! I called her a snow ghost because that is what I was told she was. Her Coloring is that of a bubblegum. The picture that Baroness's link goes to shows my snake exactly...kinda. She still is not showing any yellowing and still looks like the younger snake, lol. Good living I guess! Thank you both for the correction, she is a Bubblegum Snow Corn.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #82
SnakeAround
YAY for Pig Great it turned out to be the right decision! now hope for a good shed and another egg out and everything will be back to normal!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #83
irshwitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAround View Post
YAY for Pig Great it turned out to be the right decision! now hope for a good shed and another egg out and everything will be back to normal!
That is my hope, well that and that she decides this was just not her thing and she doesn't scare me like this again! lol

Old 08-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #84
Polainas9
The video is unavailable... could you please re-upload it?

I would love to see and take some notes of what you did on this strong girl!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #85
endrin
Is their another Video like this up anywhere? I believe my girl is bound its been 24 hours and she still has the same 2 eggs right near the vent. I want to aspirate tomorrow if she still has not passes them.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #86
trenna davis
I would be very interested in see the video or one like it please

Old 05-04-2020, 08:57 AM   #87
Rawren
Video unavailable. Damn...

Old 03-19-2024, 03:47 PM   #88
Sunnyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerhead View Post
Given that aspiration only works for a couple of days after she starts to lay, I think you did the right thing. And nicely done as well!
Can you still feel more eggs? If so, can you gently massage them closer to the vent? Don't wait too long to aspirate them if that is the route you are choosing. Once they solidify that option is gone. Make sure she isn't dehydrated because that can stall the progression of eggs being laid. If she doesn't have water in her lay box offer her some.
Good Luck.

Terri
Your proactive approach and care for your hen's well-being are commendable. It's crucial to monitor her closely for any signs of distress and to ensure she's adequately hydrated. Massaging gently to aid in egg passage is a thoughtful step, but timing is key if aspiration becomes necessary.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
aspiration, eggbound