CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

did i screw up ?

Old 06-12-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
Bauercrew
did i screw up ?

hi there have a question ,I had my baby corns and mik snake in 10 gallon tanks,all separate of course,i couldn't stand those thing cause so inconvienent to get into and clean and get snake out so I went and bought 5 of the exo terra cages that are 24x18x12,really like the front access,now I see a lot of people mention 30-40 gallon cages ,I hope I didn't get wrong size cages,because I went and purchased the 5 cages ,aslo purchased 5 uth heat pads from reptile basics,and also 5 separate thermastats ,so yes I dumped a LOT of money out in one day,AND I CANT return cages,SO I cant afford to go out and buy Bigger cages at this time,or I will end up in divorce court so what is your opinion on that size cage for quite a while.

Thanks Bill

Old 06-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
a little thinking and planning beforehand would have served you well.

There is 231 cubic inches to a gallon. Those tanks you bought are about 22 gallons.

They are plenty big for the Milk Snake into adulthood. They are fine for the baby corn snakes too. In fact you could keep your corn snakes in them their entire life. A lot of people keep corn snakes in 20 gallon tanks and they do ok, so don't worry about it. In fact some breeders keep corn snakes in plastic bins not much bigger than a shoebox.

It will be about 2 to 3 years before your corn snakes are big anyway. So you could always upgrade later on and sell those cages to other folks to gain some of your money back.

But you've got several years before you need to do anything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google