CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

How difficult are corn snakes to care for?

Old 06-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #31
DollysMom
Hi Patmart. I wouldn't worry if your snake only gained 1 gram, but if you have been feeding the same size prey for a while you might look into a little larger mouse.

I admit I'm a little spoiled. I have three snakes and about 125 freezer mice in three main sizes to choose from so I can always find the size I want.

P.S. When Cleo was 70 grams she was getting 7 to 8 gram hoppers. Of course each snake is different.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:35 AM   #32
Patmart
Thank you Mollysmom I have just weighed a mouse it's only 4g so I will get some bigger ones today
Thank you very much for your help
Pat x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-14-2017, 08:17 PM   #33
LadyJemima
Quote:
Macaws, BTW, are one of the worst pets to own.
IMO, only VERY qualified, dedicated people should own parrots -- especially large species.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #34
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
Thank you Dollysmom could you tell me when my George will be classed as a juvenile?
George is 8 months old now
Pat x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I missed this a while back. 8 months is a juvenile. Basically you have hatchlings for the first few weeks, then babies until 3 to 6 months, then juveniles until adulthood which is about 3 years. This is all very informal and unofficial. Also you can call a juvenile of one to two years a yearling.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #35
Patmart
Thank you
Pat x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-16-2017, 06:29 PM   #36
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJemima View Post
IMO, only VERY qualified, dedicated people should own parrots -- especially large species.
1000000% agree, they are not for the average pet owner. Not even for the mid-level pet owner. Only for the psychos among us!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google