CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Relic - Cinder 2014

Old 06-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #11
Rigby & Marcy
Wow, look at her now! Great markings on her.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #12
albertagirl
Thanks everyone! I just weighed and measured her yesterday. She's 92g and just shy of 2.5 feet. Not sure if that's normal for a yearling, or a little on the small side, but she seems completely healthy and growing steadily.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #13
Rigby & Marcy
That's a nice size for a yearling, almost exactly the same size as my two and I was under the impression that they were bigger than average.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #14
albertagirl
Relic is now my most active snake. Unless she is digesting or shedding, she's out cruising constantly. I feed her the same as the other 2 girls, but while they are growing like weeds, she is burning off all her calories so she seems to have stopped growing. She is still gaining weight, but I just measured her and realized that while the other 2014 girls have grown 5 (Raven) and 10 (Ripley) inches in the past 5 months, Relic has only grown 1. She's also gained a little bit less weight than them, and they look downright chunky next to her. So now I am concerned that I'm not feeding her enough. She's just coming up on her second birthday, so I wouldn't have thought she was done growing yet... what do you guys think? Can a corn snake be done growing by 2? She's about 3'2" and 250 grams on the nose at her last weigh-in.

These pictures are from January with a nice camera. I'll post more recent pictures in a second post.
Name:  jan 2016 small 1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  112.1 KB

Name:  jan 2016 small 2.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  123.9 KB

Name:  jan 2016 small 3.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  106.7 KB

Old 05-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #15
albertagirl
Here are some less-than-quality pictures from April. I don't think she looks underweight, but feel like not growing at her age is a concern. I have read that cinders have a different body shape, but are they generally smaller as well? Does she look underfed to you? Her go-to move is the S-curve strike-ready posture, but she has never ever actually struck at me. She just likes to look tough.

Name:  april 2016 small 1.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  109.3 KB

Name:  april 2016 small 2.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  135.1 KB

Name:  april 2016 small 3.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  166.9 KB

Name:  april 2016 small 4.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  266.6 KB

Old 05-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #16
Tavia
Lots of Cinders do have a little different body shape. My Hypo Cinder looks a little too skinny on the top/spine part of her body but the bottom half looks a bit on the chunky side. I know of a number of Cinders that are just as big as other morph age mates but I have heard of a number of smaller than average, perfectly healthy Cinders. So it's possible that more Cinder morphs are on the smaller end of the size scale than other morphs.
She doesn't look worryingly small/skinny to me.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #17
Tavia
If I remember right, which is not a given with my memory, Cinder came out of Upper Keys corns, which tend to be smaller and have at different times been considered a separate subspecies of corn. Though I think presently they are considered full corns right now, not a sub.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #18
Dragonling
Many cinders are known to have slightly triangular body shape vs. the loaf shape of most healthy corns. I agree, her keys ancestry might also be affecting her size and growth rate.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #19
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Lots of Cinders do have a little different body shape. My Hypo Cinder looks a little too skinny on the top/spine part of her body but the bottom half looks a bit on the chunky side. I know of a number of Cinders that are just as big as other morph age mates but I have heard of a number of smaller than average, perfectly healthy Cinders. So it's possible that more Cinder morphs are on the smaller end of the size scale than other morphs.
She doesn't look worryingly small/skinny to me.
Thanks. She is definitely more muscular than the others who lay around all day. I have started feeding her a little more frequently again, back to every 5 or 6 days instead of once a week, as long as she's out looking for food. If she still doesn't grow with the increased feeds then I guess she's going to be on the small side too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
If I remember right, which is not a given with my memory, Cinder came out of Upper Keys corns, which tend to be smaller and have at different times been considered a separate subspecies of corn. Though I think presently they are considered full corns right now, not a sub.
I hadn't heard this before, that's really interesting! Thanks for the info, Tavia. I'll see if I can find more info on it.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #20
DollysMom
So cute. I lespecially love her face in the last pic!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google