• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Yes, he sure is growing. I was aiming for 50 grams at one year, but he's going to get there at 10.5 to 11 months.

As always thanks for the compliment, Karl. He's such a cutie if I do say so myself.

Last edited:
Happy Father's Day to everyone from Clyde! I named him after my late dad so he's extra special today.

Clyde also has a special Daddy snake, Tavia's Ukiah.

He weighs 50 grams. He's currently gaining about 2 grams per feeding which is weekly.

0NBvwpEl.jpg

pF6FQvll.jpg

And here's one for Albertagirl and Eve. This is the usual AHS pic, lol. I have so many like this it isn't even funny!

pGIrMbdl.jpg

Bahahahahaha! I love it! Pretty much every time I pull my camera out it ends with that exact shot. He's looking as handsome as always. What a cutie!
Hey, is his tail really sharp and pokey at the end? Eve's is, and his looks the same, but it's hard to tell. It's almost like she could use it as a deterrent if she learned to stab with it. LOL I'm wondering if that's a house snake thing, or if she just has a weird tail. None of my other snakes' tails are quite so sharp or stabby.

Bahahahahaha! I love it! Pretty much every time I pull my camera out it ends with that exact shot. He's looking as handsome as always. What a cutie!
Hey, is his tail really sharp and pokey at the end? Eve's is, and his looks the same, but it's hard to tell. It's almost like she could use it as a deterrent if she learned to stab with it. LOL I'm wondering if that's a house snake thing, or if she just has a weird tail. None of my other snakes' tails are quite so sharp or stabby.

All of mine have somewhat stabby tails, think its just a House snake thing.

They really like to get right up to the camera!! Mine never sit still long enough to take a picture unless they don't know I'm taking one!!!

Nicole

I knew you'd appreciate it!

Here's one of those pics that I kept but never shared. I accidentally took a flash photo of Clyde in his viv. The flash distorts the color, but also gives an amazing view of the tail tip. And this was in February when he only weighed 20 grams.

aYU1eJSl.jpg

All of mine have somewhat stabby tails, think its just a House snake thing.

And our little Clyde is no exception. Thanks for confirming that!

They really like to get right up to the camera!! Mine never sit still long enough to take a picture unless they don't know I'm taking one!!!

We don't call them sneaky ones for nothing!

Thanks for adding that picture, DollysMom. Yup, looks about the same. So interesting these little differences and similarities.

Oh yes. She's so cute when she doesn't want me to put her down, she holds on so tight! Just another thing I love about housies.

Clyde is a handful, lol! Literally. 54 grams of muscle and snakey cuteness.

7mjdMgYl.jpg

Seriously, I got some pics that while not the best, show his pretty pattern. It doesn't always show up so well in pictures.

fC4MKkZl.jpg

I let him crawl on the blanket on the floor this morning. He crawled to me as often as he crawled away from me. He still wants to crawl on the camera.

r5NSOM7l.jpg

Wow. His pattern is really nice. Will my baby mature to look like Clyde or will she keep her stripes? And have a cute pointy tail?

Wow. His pattern is really nice. Will my baby mature to look like Clyde or will she keep her stripes? And have a cute pointy tail?

She is a bit more striped than Clyde, I think, so her pattern will stay a bit different. Very pointy little tails they have!

He's getting so big. Your little boy is growing up.

I know. I moved him to weekly feedings a while back and he's still growing like a little snakey weed!

He looks so much like his dad!

I'm glad you think so. I think that every time I see Ukiah's picture. I'm so proud that he looks like his very handsome daddy!

Thanks. While they are all precious, patterns are something I prefer about capensis over fuliginosus (there are supposed to be patternless capensis, but no patterned fuliginosus).

Just wait until the first time Clyde's sister wraps her little tail around your finger or thumb and grips on. It's different than a corn snake grip. It's a hold on for dear life grip, often while stretching the rest of themselves full out. You will love her stripey self and her little pointy, grippy tail so much.

Thanks, DollysMom. I can hardly wait for her to come home. Tavia needs cooler shipping weather. Urgh.

Back