• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not eating enough?

SnekMommas

Gabi & Meli
Hi everybody!
So Gabi and I (Meli) own a reverse okeetee corn snake that is about a month and a half old or possibly two months. Tambi (our corn) is about 33 cm long and eats every 4-5 days.
I've noticed that in the last couple of feedings after I put him back in his terrarium (we feed him in a separate container) he seems to come out and look for more food. We feed him pinkies and I am worried that maybe he is not eating enough considering he is looking for more? Should we be feeding him more?

I did read that it could be he is looking for more simply because he is not aware he is a pet and will be fed more and that this is normal. Either way, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks [emoji216] [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Colubrids are opportunistic feeders and will happily eat themselves to death if given the opportunity. You're doing just fine with your feedings.

Colubrids are opportunistic feeders and will happily eat themselves to death if given the opportunity. You're doing just fine with your feedings.
Whew thanks for your feedback.

We were also thinking about maybe switching his feeding from 1 pinky every 4-5 days to 2 pinkies every 7 days. Is this a bad idea?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Back