CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Progression Thread: Theseus

Old 12-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #1
VanguardFed
Progression Thread: Theseus

Sunday I got a 3 or 4 month-old male anery ultramel that I named Theseus.

So far he has been very active and I look forward to seeing him grow and am excited to see how his colors develop!

Old 05-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
VanguardFed
Theseus is now around 8 months old and is nearing 20g. He has come a long way since I got him in December when he was probably less than 10g.
Since the weather was nice and warm today, I decided to let him go outside and slither in the grass for the first time in his life, he was very curious about everything and was flicking his tongue on every blade of grass

Old 05-30-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Patmart
Hi we have got a 8 month old amel corn snake we weighed him on Sunday hi 71g is that about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
VanguardFed
Just weighed Theseus, he is at 19.28

Here is a chart of his growth: Theseus Growth

Old 05-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
Patmart
Looks lovely love the colour of him
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-31-2017, 12:09 AM   #6
Dragonling
20g is small for an 8 month old, but it's not unheard of. I have a couple slow-growers who either had issues handling appropriate sized food, or just decided to take forever to grow for whatever reason.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:33 AM   #7
VanguardFed
Since I have been keeping him on a regular diet of two pinkies every 6 days, I think he is just a slow grower for some reason. He eats very well and is very active during handling sessions, so he seems to be healthy and happy. He should be able to move up to fuzzies in a couple weeks, and from what I have read that is when their growth takes off.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:03 AM   #8
DollysMom
That's true. They do grow faster on fuzzies.

If he doesn't start to gain you can always consult a reptile vet and get a fecal test just for peace of mind. They are relatively cheap and very non-invasive. My snakes all get them routinely with their annual check-ups.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:12 PM   #9
UncleSams
At 20g he's probably ready for some small fuzzies.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #10
VanguardFed
He is getting one tomorrow

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google