CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Thor - albino Cape House Snake

Old 06-04-2017, 04:09 PM   #31
DollysMom
It may be a sign, indeed!

Released or escaped. Unless it is blatanty obvious, like no snake would leave the house here in the winter, I don't necessarily assume the snake was dumped. At least they have a chance in Sacramento this time of year.

In any case there are so many people willing to formally (as in herp society or animal rescue) or informally rescue and take in there is no excuse to purposely release a captive snake. They are not "throw away". Makes me beyond angry.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #32
Magdalen
Yeah true. It's just I work with a horse rescue and I've seen so many horses come in in poor condition simply because they weren't getting fed, my horse included, I tend to think the worst of people. But the woman who caught it sounded like she was willing to keep it so there's always that plus and the winters aren't bad so if she doesn't catch the other it might have a chance.

But man I can't stop thinking about that little baby haha even tho I know it's not the best idea. My first snake was a sand boa so I've got a soft spot for them

Old 06-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #33
DollysMom
Sand boas are adorable.

I have limited space so that keeps me in check, but if I didn't I could easily overextend. Truth be told, when I see snakes I want one of each and then reality sets in. Three is a nice number for me for now and I can go one more if some special plans I've been working on for a year come to fruition. I won't know for certain for another month or so. All I can say is there are eggs in a incubator somewhere in greater Chicagoland. (That was a tease and in the meantime my lips have to stay sealed lest I jinx it.)

Sorry to go so far off topic, but as July approaches I think of those eggs more and more.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #34
Magdalen
Three is my limit too. And I only have Thor and my gecko. So it wouldn't totally be out of my limit since sand boas don't get big. I'm sure someone will buy him and save me from myself haha.

Ooooih eggs! That sounds exciting

Old 06-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #35
DollysMom
I hear you on numbers. If I recall, a sand boa only needs a 10 gallon tank .

Definitely eggciting

Old 06-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #36
Magdalen
Yeah about a ten would work for them, so it's doable. This little guy was nice too. Held him with little fuss.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:28 PM   #37
DollysMom
Keep us posted

Old 06-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #38
Magdalen
Definitely I probably never should have held him haha. That's what did me in. I had to go back today cause Friday I got the wrong sized feeders for Thor (my fault). I made a beeline for the tank he was in to see if he was still there but it's a sand boa so no knowing. Guy that helped last time comes up to me and says "Back for the sand boa?" So we'll see. If he's still there when I get some bills paid he might just come home with me.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:53 PM   #39
Magdalen
So serious about his food haha. I was slightly worried that the handling might turn him off feeding tonight even tho I left him alone yesterday and today. I went to pop his mouse in his home and he didn't come out right away like normal. So I drop near his hide he is in and he comes out to sort of check it out but starts going in the wrong direction. Fine I think I'll move it around. Lowering my tongs I just hope I don't startle him back into his hide. He takes one look at the tongs and zeroes in on it. Grab the mouse and he's latched onto it the minute I dangle the mouse, then is dragging his mouse sideways into his hide before I can react haha. Someone was hungry.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:42 PM   #40
Magdalen
Got back from vacation a handful of days ago. Thor ate right before I left and then went into blue some time while I was gone. Found him like that when I got home so he got to wait for food. Poor hungry guy had to go without food for two weeks. The horror haha. Anyway he shed on the first so I pulled him out (the two weeks of not handling he was jumpy), got a weight, and some pictures. He's about 20 grams (don't know how accurate my scale is). And oh so cute I mean, look at that face <3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google