CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Oh geez -- is Ruby going to shed??

Old 06-22-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
Shiari
Again, she looks fine. Unless her skin is in wrinkles and folds when she's stretched out, which I'm not seeing at all. And if you can't feel her spine, then she's obese. And while she's extremely small for her age, she's also the right body size for fuzzies or maybe hoppers.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #12
LadyJemima
Shiari, that was not a photo of my snake.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #13
LadyJemima
Curious if their skin gets brighter after the milky stage? I swear Ruby is not as pale as she was last Wednesday. She hasn't moved from her humid hide, though, so maybe I'm imagining it. I've barely seen her.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #14
Karl_Mcknight
yes, the eyes will clear up and the skin will too.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #15
LadyJemima
Quote:
yes, the eyes will clear up and the skin will too.
That's fascinating. Did not know that.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:40 AM   #16
Nanci
And you think the snake has shed, but you can't find it! The clear stage lasts about 24-48 hours.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:00 PM   #17
LadyJemima
Ruby has been clear for at least 48 hours (I'm leaving her alone so I don't know exactly how long)....no shed yet! I think she punk'd me.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #18
DollysMom
The 48 hours isn't exact. She will shed on her own schedule. Don't worry. It will happen. Btdt. A watched snake never sheds, lol.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #19
LadyJemima
She did it, she shed!! AND I GOT TO SEE IT! (Well, about 75% of it...not the beginning, darn!) I can't believe I went upstairs just when she was shedding. I saw her going into her cork and thought, "Okay, she's been in the humid hide for 4-5 days now...this activity must mean something." And it was a PERFECT shed! (Kept that humidity at 70%!) A tiny tear where it caught on the cork but otherwise perfect...eyes and all. I will let it dry overnight. So exciting!

Old 06-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #20
LadyJemima
And, measured flat, it is almost exactly 32" in length!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google