• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone have hissing cockroaches?

Alli_Draggy

Wadjet's family
We have a few hissing houseguests for a couple of weeks from the science lab so Alli can get some observation and recording experience in. They're kind of fun little beasties.

12509067_10207332279619571_5828883039757203342_n.jpg

12552785_10207332279739574_1292274887453687589_n.jpg

Very cool! I remember doing a lab with them in biology monitoring their respiration. I remember them having sticky-ish little pads on their feet - cool little guys.

That's very interesting. We don't do live animal observation or experiments at school in Spain, but I think it could be very enriching for our children.

We homeschool. I don't think most classrooms here have live animals even as pets anymore. Our local science fair doesn't allow any live animal projects, not even things like setting up different bird feeders and tracking use by wild birds.

Oh, I thought you still had some hamster, bird or something like that as a classroom pet. I only know live dissection is not legal anymore in most countries. Homeschooling is not legal here either.
Always good to know how things are changing around the globe. :)

Back