CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

The forums

Old 11-17-2002, 11:39 PM   #1
Ares
The forums

Hey Guys,
After spending the last 3 hours (exageration) reading the "not happy" thread,
I started thinking about what made me first come to the forums. I realized that it would be cool to find out how others found the site? or what attracted them to it?

Here goes my story:

I found the forums about roughly 2 years ago when I was having problems with my first hatchling, and what made me keep coming back was Dr. Mike! Anyone remember him??? Whatever happened to him??? He was a genius when it came to corn snakes. He wasn't a vet, but he actually was a doctor for Human patients. But it was cool how he could relate situations to snakes and they were always so helpful. He always answered your posts right away and with such detail. Lately I find that what attracts me to the site is all the wonderful pictures of all the morphs and also those fun posts where you find out about people like what their viv set ups are like, or how many snakes they own!

Old 11-18-2002, 12:21 AM   #2
bmm
well

I came here a few times when the forum was the long page type, before it moved to this new type of forum. I came just to read all the great info posted by some of the best "experts" on the web! (i.e. Rich and others!)

Then I came back awhiel later since I have owned snakes for a good many years at this point, hoping to be able to help people with the everyday questions.....water, caging etc. I wanted/want to give back to the cornsnake hobby.

bmm

Old 11-18-2002, 03:27 AM   #3
Rhiannon
I found the forums just after I got my first corn snake, ( in september 2002).
I was looking for a site with loads of information about them because I'm not an expert.
I found Rich Z's site and that took me too the forums and now I've never found a more helpful site!

Old 11-18-2002, 03:50 AM   #4
Rachel
I found the site when I found my snake after him escaping for 4 months. I was so happy that I wanted to tell everyone! And yeah...what happened to Dr.Mike? He was ace...maybe he's busy in an ER somewhere....

Old 11-18-2002, 08:14 AM   #5
whiffin
Just before I bought my Corn I decided to read up on everything snake related that I could ... obviously the Internet was a help, I stumbled across this from a hyperlink on someone's corn and decided that it was ace

Now I never seem to stop coming here and feel that I need to read every post

Old 11-18-2002, 02:50 PM   #6
kris (UK)
yup were is dr mike???

He was like a cornsnake dictionary!!!! Wonder why he stopped coming to the site?!?! I dont remember many people from the old forum format but i do remember you Ares!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google