• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Loopy's Thread

That's is an awesome pic, Ken. Loopy looks so big. Yeah, so much snake fear, lol. Beautiful grandaugher with a beautiful snake, there. Congrats on both!

Lol, if the folks who fear snakes only knew that the snakes fear them even more... Ophidiophobia knows no reason.

Here's something interesting ... I fed Loopy yesterday (since it's now 12:43 am!) and less than 5 hours later he shed! I wasn't totally surprised 'cause I knew it would be soon, but a little surprised to look in the viv at 10 pm and find he'd shed that quick! And in one piece! This was his pic from this feeding. He spent a lot of time trying to find the head end!

Attachments

• Loopy 8-25-16 small.jpg
    Loopy 8-25-16 small.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 50
Loopy eats like a pro. Evidently sheds like one, too!

Isn't it amazing when the reluctant eaters grow up to eat like there's no tomorrow? And yeah, kudos for starting from the head! As we all recall, until she was on hoppers a young yellow corn snake who shall remain nameless was known as a butt eater, lol!

LOL! Yeah, Gail ... I didn't want to mention any 'snake names'! And what's a little frustrating is that Loopy shed and ate during one 5 hr period so I don't want to pick him up (but I really do!) so's I can let him digest! I haven't even seen him yet! Grrrr.

Thanks for that, Ken. One yellow snake would've had a red face for sure!

Oh I know how frustrating that is. I miss them while they are digesting and shedding, etc. Looking forward to more Loopy pics, soon!

After Loopy ate and shed on the same day I've been waiting to get him out of 'hiding'! Finally got him out and went outside for some fresh air and photos. He was the typical snake subject (impossible!) but I got a couple pics worth posting!

Attachments

• resize 1.jpg
    resize 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 70
  • resize 3.jpg
    resize 3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 69
Thanks Gail ... he like's the tree and moves pretty slow when he's on it. Just have to keep one eye open all the time - I don't want to have to climb a tree (or cut one down)!

Thanks Gail ... he like's the tree and moves pretty slow when he's on it. Just have to keep one eye open all the time - I don't want to have to climb a tree (or cut one down)!

I hear you, Ken. You have to keep an eye on them anytime they aren't secured in some kind of housing or holding container. I'm glad he's a good boy for you on the tree.

His colors are totally amazing, btw. He's so bright I nearly grabbed my sunglasses!

Since tomorrow is 'mouse day' I figured I'd visit with Loopy a bit today. Went outside for this pic (hot out!) Sprayed down his mossy hide and put him back inside the viv. I'm sure that's where his is right now!

Attachments

• Snip20160908_1.png
    Snip20160908_1.png
    671.3 KB · Views: 55
He's awesome, Ken. Can you believe this is the same little noodle you fed in the bag? He's getting so big!

Gail ... it's amazing how fast the grow actually. I think in the wild they try to big as fast as possible so they won't be the ones being eaten! I saved little Loopy's plastic shipping cup and every once in awhile I'll look at and think, "He fit in there?" .... Here's a pic my daughter just took with her cell phone ... "Why thank you but no I do not want to come out and play, but I'm very interested in what you're doing!"

Attachments

• Loopy peeking.jpg
    Loopy peeking.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 49
Back