CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

8 yr old male not eating

Old 05-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #1
jld333
Question 8 yr old male not eating

My male has not ate in 10 weeks. Should I be concerned? He normally goes about 6 weeks in the spring. He looks fine no drastic weight loss and breathing seems normal. His activity has been normal. I tried cutting slits In back of mouse at feeding.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
My 4 year old Male has only eaten 2 mice since February. He's currently on a 4 week stretch. He went 5 weeks without before that.

I've heard stories about some corn snakes not eating for 5 months and being perfectly fine.

It's the time of year and mating behavior most likely. A lot of snakes refuse to eat during mating season.

If you're not sure or concerned, you could always take him to a vet. I'm not worried about my snake. He's perfectly fine otherwise. Active, alert, drinking, and he does the "Herky Jerky Mating Dance" every time I hold him or rub him. LOL. If your snake is doing the dance too, that's similar to your "Uncle's Poodle Humping your Leg."

Eventually they will get past it and return to eating. But you might waste a few mice during the process.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google