CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Where to you put your thermostat probe?

Old 06-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
Saml8
Where to you put your thermostat probe?

When I first got my young corn snake she never used the hides and just stayed under the substrate. So I put the probe under substrate on the glass with the temp set at 84. As she's gotten more comfortable she's started hanging out in an exo terra gecko hide. I have this hide on the side of the uth but (probably because the resin is pretty thick) the temp stays around 75-78 in this hide.

I decided to try the thermostat probe inside the hide with a second probe under substrate. In order to get the hide around 82° the probe sitting under substrate gets to 100° or more. Where do you guys keep your themerstat probe?

Old 06-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I keep my thermostat probes between the Heat Pad and the glass on the outside of the bottom. Thus I have no wires inside the cage. I had to play with the settings a bit, but found that if I keep my thermostat set at 96 in the winter, and 92 in the summer, I am able to maintain a temp of 85 inside the warm hide.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
DeuceRon
Mine are inside so there are wires to contend with. I like the outside idea and may give that a shot.
Anyway, one is for the thermostat and it's between the glass and substrate and another for a thermometer is directly next to it to keep it in check.. Temp varies between 84 and 92. I have nothing on the cool side.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google