CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Palmettos

Old 07-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
Gemini8910
Palmettos

So recently I decided to get re-invested in this whole hobby/community rather than just quietly taking care of my single snake. I probably won't be able to get any more for awhile, but I'd like to eventually. Which led me to looking up different corn snake morphs to see if there's any others I really like, and subsequently making a terrible mistake.

I discovered Palmettos. I was floored by such a wildly different looking corn snake, and immediately looked more into them. And then found out their price tag. Oof.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I found what they look like with anery at the same time, and I wanted that kind even more than the normal ones. And then couldn't even find anyone selling them at all.

I get the sense that they're kind of a new big thing right now, but now I'm curious what's actually being done with them so far. What kinds of varieties have people bred, and what can we expect in the future?

I'd love to get in on this sometime and see what kinds of babies I can get, but alas for now I'll just have to watch from a distance, watering my wallet with tears in the hope that more money will magically grow out of it.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:32 PM   #2
Dragonling
Scaleless is in the works and will surface in the next year. Otherwise it appears that changing the color of the speckles is about all we can do. Still room for some pretty colors. Hoping to see RF Snow combos soon, Lavender, etc.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:26 AM   #3
Gemini8910
Oooh scaleless will be interesting. And I'm sure there's a whole lot of neat color combos to try out considering how diverse corn snakes are in general.

The idea of being able to hatch something that hasn't been seen before is so awesome.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:39 AM   #4
MysticExotics
There's also microscale/micropave, which I find very interesting. A local gal was working on them, and I think Don S. now has them all.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:04 PM   #5
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
There's also microscale/micropave, which I find very interesting. A local gal was working on them, and I think Don S. now has them all.
Local? I didn't think many visuals were even in the US until this year. Barbara Velthuysen was the first to work with it and she sold most if not all of the project to Martin Baker of Multicorn Snakes. Don S. has a 6-egg clutch from het x het so hopefully he will produce a few at least. Terri House bought the Hypo MS female Martin produced this year and I've invested in the project.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:45 PM   #6
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Local? I didn't think many visuals were even in the US until this year. Barbara Velthuysen was the first to work with it and she sold most if not all of the project to Martin Baker of Multicorn Snakes. Don S. has a 6-egg clutch from het x het so hopefully he will produce a few at least. Terri House bought the Hypo MS female Martin produced this year and I've invested in the project.
Yes, here in WA. Tara had visuals and hets, I think. I know she had visuals. I saw them in person.
I know she was doing a breeding projects in 2012 and 2013 with one of the visuals.

I know she had a heating issue during one of our power outages, and lost some, but I know some of hers went to Don.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google