CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Me here to feed.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:33 PM   #21
Fauna
I think it's person to person and snake to snake.

x- Misty

Old 07-09-2015, 09:58 AM   #22
snappi13
I personally feed my adult male corn snake out side his enclosure. He's very timid and doesn't get aggressive when feeding. I've only been bit when provoked, I touched the mouse and stuck my finger in front of him. I find if maize is stressed he refuses food. I also find if the lights are too bright this also disturbs him, Sometimes refusing food. I usually opt to feed in the dark on a new clean paper plate. Then I return him to his tank for 48 hours of digesting before being handled again. This has worked very well for me personally since I brought him home June of 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #23
texasreb
My 15 year old male gets fed inside his regular habitat. Sometimes I put a paper down but most of the time I feed directly on the substrate. I use tongs.

Sleenkie has never bitten or struck at anyone and has a very docile and agreeable personality.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:07 PM   #24
JWWI
I don't like to handle my snakes after feeding, so they get their mice right in their habitats.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #25
JWWI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornSnameGal View Post
I surprised they haven't mistaken your hand for food
Use tongs.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #26
EffingWaterBuffalo
^^^^ Yes always use tongs

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Old 07-31-2015, 02:32 AM   #27
PandemoniumLust
I personally have a Little sterilite 6qt container I feed my snake in. (holes punched into the side for air)

It has a lid, so if he is being ultra shy I can just pop the lid on. Set it on the table, let him do his thing, dont have to worry about him escaping. And I can take him out and put him back in his cage when he is finished (I wait for him to get it down pretty far, so when I move him he wont be urged to regurgitate it)

Its easy to clean. It fits in the sink so if he poops in it I can just wash it right away and not have to worry.

It also helps when I clean his cage out completely (I feed him while I clean it up). I can put him in it,Feed him and let him chill while I clean the tank out. Its small enough I can toss it on the shelf in the closet and it doesn't take up the space a normal tank would. he also knows when he goes into it, that its feeding time. and when he goes back into his main tank, its nice and clean for him.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:28 AM   #28
MysticExotics
I've always fed in their enclosures, and I have no problems.
Snakes only associate your hand with food if that is the only time you open the enclosure, (or if you've been handling rodents).

I don't handle my snakes as often as some do, but handle mine when I clean cages, weigh them, check them, etc., but most of mine are not aggressive. I say that, because I have a couple, like Zebra Jungles that are just plain evil, no matter what. LOL

But having fed inside their enclosures, regardless of age, etc, they do not bite me.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:51 AM   #29
XenDrgn
It could just be the sink. If the surface is too slippery, the snake may stress or freak because it simply doesn't feel it has the purchase/friction required to move, and therefore to feed efficiently/safely.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #30
Fauna
I've ended up with a separate feeding bin and it's working wonderfully!

x- Misty

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google