• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Yellow Okeetee?

golden corn

On the first clutch you should breeder her to a male w.c. from the same local 1/4 mile radius from where you found the female this would be the best or at least close to were you found the female . You would have data local color mutation. Sorry not to breed her to a carmel or multi carmel mutation on the second clutch (if she gives you a second clutch )or the second year would be a sin, Why breed her to something else you can prove if you got a carmel corn from the wild right away or a new gene why waste time. GOOD CATCH. Vinman

This is one extraordinary and beautiful snake. You must breed her! I, myself am dying to know the genetic package that gave rise to this 'golden' snake. This is Not just a caramel. You have been blessed.

MFZeier
Anaconda, MT

golden corn

A few years ago I bought a caramel adult off Rich Z that looked dam close to the goldie. You got to conseder that is a pure N.C. corn. It has a little different look than than most stuff in the hobby. Look where the caramel comes from (Fla), differant basestock so if it is a carmel then it should a little different look bacause the base stock will effect the out come of the mutation . You also may be right . We have to see what the results will come out when it is bred to the caramel gene. only time will tell . ciao :licklips:

Wild caught

I can't believe you would keep a wild caught corn! Just kidding. I guess this puts an end to that argument. Simply awessome.

Virago said:
I NEED TO KNOW
:crazy02:
It is still owned by the person who found it. It was bred to a male from the same general Local in 05, and Normal hatchlings were produce.

We will all be waiting on pins and needles to see if he can reproduce the “Golden” Corn.

I read through the last few pages of posts about what she 'should' be bred to and I think if she were mine and I had access to whatever male took my fancy, I would breed her to an amel stripe, as an F1 x F1 breeding would have the potential to throw triple homo amel-golden-stripe babies -assuming it's a simple recessive trait.

Assuming this 'golden' trait acts something like caramel (is a high yellow form of anerythrism) the F2's would be somewhat like butter stripes. The other option for a daddy would be an amel striped motley that way you'd get the variety of stripe, motley stripe and motley.

BUT, she's not my snake and the 2005 season has come and gone. I'm sure blue king has selected a couple of her sons to breed back to her in the 2006 season once they've barely made weight! -I suppose I could speculate and hypothesise 'til the cows come home!

As Joe said, the person that caught it had a clutch of normals from her. He has put updated information about the breedings and pictures of the babies on the other forum. I believe he has kept the entire first clutch. I hope when they are bred together he produces some beauties like her!!

Hopefully he will come here and update this thread with the information.

lol

I told ya so (lol)!\ What was the odds of catching one from the same area That carried the same genes? And producing more golden corns? would they be about the same as buying a goose that lays golden eggs? Just my 2 cents! :rolleyes:

stephen said:
I told ya so (lol)!\ What was the odds of catching one from the same area That carried the same genes? And producing more golden corns? would they be about the same as buying a goose that lays golden eggs? Just my 2 cents! :rolleyes:
I believe Zee expected to produced Normals het Golden, if the Goldens turn out to be a mutant gene. I believe he would have produced Normals no matter what he bred her too, he just had to decide which direction he wanted to go first.

He chose to produce a Locality Corn het for Golden. I may have suggested breeding her to something else, but I think he made the right decision. If something happens to the female now, he has a line that is linked to wild caughts and he can reproduce a Wild Golden. If he would have bred her to a mutant, and something happen to the Golden female, a Locality Golden line would have been lost.

Ultimately, he will have to prove that she is not a Caramel, but I believe that finding a wild Caramel is about a likely as your Golden egg scenario. If she is compatible with Caramel, Zee will have a line of Caramels that has an ancestry that can always be linked to wild caughts with the ACR. This line can be proven to be “Pure” Corn Snake, which can not be said of many of our mutants.

ecreipeoj said:
Ultimately, he will have to prove that she is not a Caramel, but I believe that finding a wild Caramel is about a likely as your Golden egg scenario. If she is compatible with Caramel, Zee will have a line of Caramels that has an ancestry that can always be linked to wild caughts with the ACR. This line can be proven to be “Pure” Corn Snake, which can not be said of many of our mutants.
AFAIK this snake is not in the registry. I have yet to see a single "locality person" take even the slightest hint of interest in the ACR. It tells me how """"seriously"""" people actually take """"locality"""" corns.

Serpwidgets said:
AFAIK this snake is not in the registry. I have yet to see a single "locality person" take even the slightest hint of interest in the ACR. It tells me how """"seriously"""" people actually take """"locality"""" corns.
I didn’t think it was, but it could be for free for 21 more days. All 04 and older Corns can be registered with the ACR for free during this grace period. The ACR could provide Zee with a permanent record of the lineage of the Golden Corn which can be past down for generation after generation.

I don’t understand why Locality People are not registering their Corns with the ACR, but I have two that will be very soon. Hunt Club Okeetees with papers. Now we are talking!

ecreipeoj said:
I didn’t think it was, but it could be for free for 21 more days. All 04 and older Corns can be registered with the ACR for free during this grace period. The ACR could provide Zee with a permanent record of the lineage of the Golden Corn which can be past down for generation after generation.
Yep, I would think it would be cool, if you originated a new gene or even a new source of an "old" gene, to have it on public record, and to be able to see (in the future) all the different directions that gene has gone. :)

I don’t understand why Locality People are not registering their Corns with the ACR, but I have two that will be very soon. Hunt Club Okeetees with papers. Now we are talking!
I truly thought that would be one of the first things that would happen... I thought the people who say ancestry is really important would want to use a system that keeps that information from getting lost or misinterpreted. I don't get it either. :shrugs:

oh!~

I think I see your point,imo there are just many possabiltys of what could happen when anything was bred to her,as I am sure you already experienced yourself first hand plenty of times,I thought the idea was to that to get a male that carried the same gene if caught in the same area,the thing is when the eggs start hatching you never know what your gonna get,especially if the corns are first time breeders or new to the breeder,awhile back I bred a male okeetee type to a female okeetee type ,and got 1 anery stripe hatch out! I think that is a big part of what has kept me breeding corns for so long.The excitement of seeing the eggs pipping and the heads poking out and then saying wow thats not what I expected! I wish him the best luck with that corn and would only be to cool to produce ones that look like it :cheers:

Who owns this snake right now? My first thought looking at it was that it was a hybrid, but it's hard to tell. I agree that it's probably not photoshopped, but lighting could be enhancing the yellow in this shot. I'd really like to know more about this animal.

i was way too quick to post my previous message. I should have read more first.!

anyways, i no longer think it's a hybrid.

i would like to make one suggestion, that is contrary to what others might say. if you breed it, breed it to something that isn't mutant for anything. purify this strain first before you start crossing with other genes. This way it will be easier in the future to identify what you are dealing with.

i don't know if you are interested at this point, but i would like to get on the waiting list for babies from this. just let me know.

John Albrecht said:
I agree that it's probably not photoshopped.

I have reservations about this statement, simply because I have actually photoshopped a few pics to get similar results. I will not point fingers, but if this isn't inherited like a normal gene mutation, I must say that I will sure have doubt in my mind.

BlueKing said:
Thanks, StarWarsdad, Joe, Jeff & Katt!
Katt, this animal is a female (Wished it was a male - passing genes would be a lot quicker & more offspring) But I would rather have an opportunity than not one at all! So I'm happy no matter what sex it is! You mentioned Abbott line Okeetee. I DO have one and he's a nicely colored animal - high contrast (light orange, deep red blotches and strong black borders). Not sure yet what I'll end up breeding her with, but I'll think about it long and hard. . . .

Zee
I heard through the grapevine that this snake was crossed to some of her sons and the outcome appears to be consistent with an on/off mendelian trait. Would it be possible to post some pics of the F1/F2 here?

Also, since you have male hets of breeding size, will you be crossing any of them to a caramel or two next year to eliminate that possibility? Between that and what I heard of this year's crosses, it should be the only item left to prove this out. :D

Back