CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Looking to be Preggers ...But still Jumping?

Old 05-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
DragonSpawn
Looking to be Preggers ...But still Jumping?

Hello Corn Pros, its been awhile.... OK here is my Question.

Bred again this year with what I thought to be success, each of my pairings took twice like normal, and I am starting to see enlarged lower halfs of their bodies, indicating eggs....Funny thing though some of these girls are still jumping when i run my finger down there backs!? What gives ? Any thoughts? I would normally say OK sperm didn't take But I mean, These girls are showing already, lower half of there bodies thicker then norm, starting to see the skin between the scales and I'm feeling eggs. my first hookup was on the 5th of this month. 23 days ago. But there still doing the Jump and grind on my finger tip.
Thanks for all your thoughts in advance.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
bitsy
It's just a reflex reaction. The urge to mate doesn't necessarily go away just because they're gravid.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Nanci
Any of my snakes will do that at any time of the year.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
K. Rene
Yup I concur with both comments above, Male or Female mine will do that, I call it the "herky jerky dance" lol they do it when they smell another corn on me or when they are being stroked. My female was twitching like that when I touched her to get the eggs out of her laybox, it's just what they do.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
SnakeAround
Especially when you have to remove eggs from a box with a female she will do that when you touch her, I have seen the wildest twitches then!

Old 06-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Naagas
Raise your hand if you have ever wanted to do the 'herky jerky' while 'gravid'.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google