• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Saying hi

Pine

Thought I would say hi and hope I fit in here.
I have had pet snakes off and on most of my life and just this past spring I got more snakes. My first corns.
Found a beautiful Albino female hatchling online, and a few weeks later I was at a pet shop and saw an adult Strawberry Albino male.
Went home and a few days later my wife talked me into getting him.
My intention was to breed them in a couple years when the Albino was mature.
Then just a week and a half ago I lost the little girl. :shrugs:
No idea how she got out of her vivarium but she was gone. :face_palm_02::nope:
So, just this last week I was getting some frozen mice for my big guy and my wife called me into the reptile room. There was a female Butter Corn and she was about 38" long and healthy.
So now I have a breeding pair and still hoping to find my little one.
And that has bumped my breeding attempt up to this upcoming breeding season after the first of the year.
Hope it works out, it's my first attempt at this.
So any suggestions with any of the above would be appreciated.
Thanks; Pine

20190730_124738~01.jpg
This is my baby girl Rosey a day before I lost her.

Attachments

• 20190730_124738~01.jpg
    20190730_124738~01.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 25
20190716_123945~01.jpg
Berry is the one that seems to like to hang out with me.

Attachments

• 20190716_123945~01.jpg
    20190716_123945~01.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 24
Hello and welcome to the boards! Absolutely beautiful snakes, I'm very curious to see what the babies will look like. I hope that you're able to find the little one soon, that's heartbreaking.

Welcome to the forum. I wish my wife would buy me a couple corns, but she is the opposite and says I have too many. Don't give up the search for your little girl. They can turn up months later. There's a wealth of knowledge on the forum regarding breeding the corn snake. Use the search function and you will see posts that explain getting the breeders in top condition before breeding, putting them together, whether to brumate them or not, how to incubate the eggs, and how to get the hatchlings eating. You have several months of good reading for the times you aren't searching for the escaped girl.

Back