CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

CornSnakes Forum on Tapatalk!!! Thank you, Rich!!!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpccusa View Post
Perhaps we need an update in the programmer?
Not likely. He's among the best in the WORLD in programming vBulletin.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
jpccusa
I got to admit this forum works wonderfully and any issues we had in the past were solved pretty fast.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #13
SquamishSerpents
i use it for a Ford Focus forum, ball-pythons.net has it (which i'm sad to say probably makes me spend more time over there than on here...lol), and one for photography as well. if i visit a forum through the browser that has Tapatalk enabled it pops up and tells me.

i've never had any problems whatsoever. i thought since it already comes with vBulletin it would be as simple as like, pushing a big red ENABLE button LOL

but that's just me and my small, simple mind :P

Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #14
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by katia View Post
i thought since it already comes with vBulletin it would be as simple as like, pushing a big red ENABLE button LOL
That's kind of how they make it sound!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
JohnNJ
Any update on this? Any chance you could add it when you upgrade to the latest version vB? Should be easy with the greatest programmer in the world.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
Nanci
It's the wave of the future...

Although the iPhone and iPad do great with this forum in Safari, too.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #17
ratsncorns
I wish my little cell phone had safari. Its a nightmare attempting to get on this forum with my freebie phone.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #18
Rich Z
Wave of the future or not, if I were to implement this, then you would all be on your own. I don't use those things to connect to the internet, so I would not be able to troubleshoot, much less see, any problems that resulted from using any mobile device.

As for updating vBulletin, I put that off till there are enough new functions to warrant the expense of upgrading. Custom coding done in the old system normally have to be completely rewritten from scratch in the new system. So I don't take upgrades lightly. Not to mention that normally you wind up trading old bugs that already have work-arounds to NEW bugs that are more easily exploitable by hackers.

Guess I have just gotten set in my ways, but quite honestly I can't comprehend how anyone can see anything on an average website in those little mobile screens anyway. I guess this new generation is going to eventually wind up being called the "squinty generation"....

Old 08-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #19
JohnNJ
Rich - my point is that I am away from home in PA with a weak signal. Loading your full site is difficult as is viewing it. Tapatalk makes it easier for people stuck using their cell phones or tablets to still participate in the discussions.

It does not require alot of work to implement and I speak from experience with vB. Fauna could use it also.

Tapatalk is known for bringing additional traffic to forum sites and increasing ad revenues. Please take another look.

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
Rich Z
I'll run this by my programmer again to see how he is handling this issue with his other clients. But again I have to stress that if this is implemented, you will all be on your own concerning any problems with it. I will not be able to help you if it does not work properly for you. I certainly am not going to get one of these mobile devices just so I can troubleshoot a problem.

And I'll be quite honest about it, I really have no desire to be so "connected" when I am away from home. Heck, I don't even turn on my cell phone unless I am specifically expecting a call from some one.

Yeah, I know, I'm a dinosaur.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google