• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake in lip of cage

Snake Bit

The Higher Order
My new little Corn is finally getting used to her cage and is doing a rather strange thing. She is climbing up the temperature and thermostat wires getting under the lip of the cage and crawling circles around the top of the cage. I'm not worried about her getting out (top is very secure) but it seems like she will not be able to get down by herself. I am also worried that she may fall and hurt herself. I know I have read before that people have reported this behavior. But this is the third time shes got up there and i'm worried she may fall. (its a 10 gallon tank)

She'll get down. She may fall, but she'll be ok. All of mine did it when they were little. I have one that still does, even though she's really getting too big to do it anymore

They all do that, till they get too fat!! Just make sure she has a nice thick layer of aspen to land in when she falls.

It's normal and falling isn't going to hurt her. If it did I would think she would stop doing it. They like to climb and squeeze into tiny places and they will fall a lot. As long as it isn't a huge distance then she should be fine.

LMAO as I was typing this post I heard a little plop and I looked back into the tank and she was laying on the aspen watch me type. LOL

Yep,
Mine did the same thing....Until..like nanci said...their butts get to big to bother with it anymore.

Yeah I think ill put something for her to climb on I think she'd enjoy it. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

I have an adult four and a half foot long amel that gets up on the lip of her 55 gallon tank and sooner or later will fall off of it normally to splash into her water dish. She does it so often that I removed all sharpish objects from her home to avoid injury. Hmm. Wonder if she wants to be a high diver?

I have baby checkered Garters that will do that in their 15 gal. tank, no worries they'll come down sooner or later without hurting themselves.

Back