CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Joining the club! Snake bite :)

Old 06-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #11
Dustilyn
I had my first bite the other day too. And it was from the nicest little snake I have. He got me three times actually. I'm sure he was just hungry. After the third time he figured out I wasn't edible and gave up. Then I fed him.

Comparing the bite to being attacked by angry velcro is very accurate. Anyhow, CONGRATS!

Old 06-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #12
SquamishSerpents
well congratulations on your induction to the most prestigious club!! lol

i love the "blood spatter" at the end

to whoever said you just want to get it over with to know what to expect...you'll never know what to expect, it will ALWAYS startle you when you get bit, or even struck at!

most bites i receive are more like "whoa, did you really just do that?" more than "OUCH!"

Old 06-19-2011, 04:25 AM   #13
BigByrd47119
Congrats on joining the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquamishSerpents View Post
to whoever said you just want to get it over with to know what to expect...you'll never know what to expect, it will ALWAYS startle you when you get bit, or even struck at!

most bites i receive are more like "whoa, did you really just do that?" more than "OUCH!"
I believe you may possibly be referring to a post I made not too long ago. What I was suggesting when I made that statement is "what kind of pain to expect/what being bit is like."

Of course as you suggest, and so many others here, its not anything to fret about!

Old 06-19-2011, 05:38 AM   #14
Nanci
Totally a feeding bite. I got about three bites from Lily last night for the first time ever- she was determined to eat anything warm. I finally had to hold her by the neck (and the rest of her body) on the way to the scale- she wouldn't stop trying to eat me! My hands definitely smelled like mice.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #15
Dreamsnake
My anery bit me again too. It was so fast she bit and yanked away leaving one tooth in my thumb. I still picked her up out of the tank. She nose bumped me when I changed out her water last night. She's still the only snake to bite me and I've handled hundreds of them, mostly wild ones.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #16
Dorgrim
Okay...now she wont stop it! She wants to eat me non stop! She just about tagged me again today but shes doing the slow nose rub. I dont know what to do! The bites really dont hurt but she wedges her face between my fingers then chomps down! She coils an grinds her teeth in too. Shes determined to get me! Should i just handle her more? I use hand sanitizer all over when i go to handle them and even put paper on top of her before i go to take her out so she doesnt see me coming.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google