CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Spring Peeps

Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Buzzard
Spring Peeps

So the last few days it has been nonstop raining.... Wait what is that I hear in the woods?????? Peep... Peep... Peep

So Jamie and I hopped in the truck and went to a local ditch where we found the peep-ing culprits lol

Spring Peepers

Even found a couple of pairs that found love just before Valentines day

Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
diamondlil
Such cute little frogs!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Justine66
oh my lord! such adorable little guys!!
I love the ones where their all puffed out calling! and the ones matting,
looks like Cupid struck his arrow.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Buzzard
Someone PMed me about how we get those pictures... Let it be know it was spitting rain and 40 degrees... and yes we went into the ditch. We wore headlamps and carried a flashlight to help with taking the picture.

Jamie after our adventure..

Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
Justine66
bahahaha! ! !
you guys are too funny!
you got some great shots though!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
tspuckler
Nice.

We still have another month before they start calling in full force around here...but Spring isn't very far away.

Tim

Old 02-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
WingedSweetheart
We had a couple of sort of warm days here and I was hoping to go out herping today. But no it had to snow! It's gonna keep snowing and no herping for me for a while!

Last year I caught a couple of spring peepers just to take pictures of them. I had them in my bedroom so when they started calling it was so loud I threw them out lol.

When I go out on a date with my boyfriend it's normally dark when we get to my house. So, we would go herping for hours until the sun came up. We both bought some really high powered head lamps and some nets with long poles for when we see interesting things in the pond. I've been wanting to buy some of those rubber boots that come up to your thigh. Or maybe some of those rubber overalls lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google