CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Large Vivarium for 5 months old Corn Snake Decoration

Old 10-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #1
Nanyia
Large Vivarium for 5 months old Corn Snake Decoration

So i'm expecting my first snake in a few days. It's a Diffused Stripe and its 5 months old. I know most people keep those age in small tubs or smaller Vivariums, while i can do that i would prefer not.
I bought a used Vivarium aimed for lizards before choosing the current snake and was planing to buy an older one, and turned it into a snake safe enclosure, I put a lot of effort into turning the used vivarium into something nice and usable so id rather use that.

I mostly wanted to ask is this enough decoration and hides for a 5 month old to feel safe? or should i put more stuff in there?
The size is 100x30x30 in cm or 40"x11"x11" in inches
It has
4 hides
1 big hollow log
some random pieces of wood
and fake leafs to cover some areas
and a water bowl
i have more fake leafs to put in

dont pay attention to the thermometer inside its just there while the snake is not there

here is a pic, you cant see most of the hides but they are there.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
DollysMom
It looks beautiful. With all those hiding places your young snake should do quite well. No problem about having a thermometer inside. It won't hurt the snake.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stay around. I'm looking forward to pictures of your snake.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
Dragonling
Haha, the only problem you might have is finding the little worm if you ever want to take it out. Looks very nice.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #4
Nanyia
thanks a lot for the responses im gonna post pick when i get him by next week.

I'm thinking about getting some plants and hot glue them to the top so he can climb there i have seen pics of corns chilling up there

Old 10-09-2017, 12:32 PM   #5
DollysMom
I'm looking forward to it!

Old 10-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #6
Gryffyd
Echoing what others have said, looks fantastic and there's plenty of places for your snake to hide and explore, they'll love it.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #7
Corning
Looks very nice. You may want 2 heating mats on a viv that size connected to 2 thermostats. I don’t know if this is typical but when I got my first corn snake I had him in a 90 gal tank and he liked to hang out on the cool side. Whenever I took him out he would poop on me right away. Almost 2 yrs later and he poops on me every time I take him out. I relate it to conditioning due to the temps being lower in the larger tank. I know have him in a 40 gal tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #8
nancyg
Wow, your guy will love it!,
the only possible problem I see is where the sliding doors overlap, How tight is that space?
I could see a little hatchling maybe squeezing himself out between those glass panes, They can fit into the darndest places..

Nancyg

Old 10-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #9
Nanyia
nancy there is no space between the panels, i cant even fit a nail in there, to be honest i was hoping there would be so i could put a lock there and since i couldn't i had to improvise

Old 10-15-2017, 05:22 AM   #10
Strikealight
Looks really nice - your new snake should be extremely happy in there!

Just one suggestion I would make (totally unimportant and subject to each individual's taste) is to stick black paper or paper with some other kind of dark colour or pattern along the outside of the back and sides. Personally, I like the look of this, and it would hide the trailing wires at the back. Secondly, I found that our own baby corn came out more after we did this, and this could be more of a factor for yours given the relatively large size of his/her cage. It also costs next to nothing to try! All of the best to you with your new snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google