CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Firearms

Old 01-31-2019, 02:04 PM   #11
DeuceRon
I also have a bunch of firearms. Mostly handguns but I do have a 12g, (3)22's, and (2) SKS's - which are a blast to shoot.

My carry piece is a Glock 19 Compensated which I got from my father when he passed. That replaced a 5 shot .38 which I used to carry. I don't carry much, but it's nice to be able to when I'm hiking. Yes, PA let's you do that...it's real nice!

For handguns, I own a few .22's, that .38, a .40, the Glock 9mm, and a .357

All for plunking. Gave up hunting many moons ago..

Old 02-01-2019, 01:13 AM   #12
SnakeCreations
wow - very cool post! I conceal carry a glock and love it.

-Tonya

Old 02-01-2019, 09:25 AM   #13
67temp
These two are fun to dual wield and always puts a smile on faces. Along with their matching lever action.

This shotgun isn't exactly fun to shoot but gets the job done. It's a 3.5" 10ga that is smaller than my wifes youth model 20ga. The ammo I'm using in it is about $8 a round.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #14
Rich Z
I doubt I would find a 10 gauge shotgun any fun at all to shoot. Makes my shoulder ache just thinking about it.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #15
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I doubt I would find a 10 gauge shotgun any fun at all to shoot. Makes my shoulder ache just thinking about it.
My youngest brother is an avid waterfowler and he brought over his Browning 10 gauge semi to practice on some skeets back when I had acreage. Surprisingly, the gun didn't kick that much. My old Ithaca 12 gauge kicked twice as hard as the Browning.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:23 PM   #16
Rich Z
Yeah, I guess the design of the gun plays a big part of the perceived recoil impulse. Heck the most uncomfortable gun to shoot I can recall having because of the recoil was surprisingly a Ruger .44 Carbine. It was just like someone hitting you in the shoulder with a hammer, and not a gentle tap at all. But an out and out WHACK! I finally got rid of it, as I just did not want to shoot it any more.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #17
Twolunger
I was at the range and the guy next to me had a Ruger .44. I was admiring it and he told me I could shoot it. I told him if I like it I may buy one too. When I finally got my arm back in its socket I said I better stick with handguns.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #18
Rich Z
Yeah, I never would have expected that out of that carbine. At the time I figured having a carbine in .44 to go along with the S&W Model 29 in .44 would be a smart thing to do.

There is a gun show here locally this weekend, but I can't think of a good reason to go there. Sometimes I wish they would pass a "one gun a month" law so I would have to buy a new gun every month. It would be the law, wouldn't it?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #19
Twolunger
I almost bought a Henry in .44 WCF called the "Original Henry." But I figured there would be nowhere to shoot it except on a firing range here in Florida. Pelosi wants to pass the one gun a month law already. She wants to take one gun per month away from each of us.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #20
Rich Z
She will need to take the ammunition first. The guns won't be any good to me without the ammo, so it might as well go first.

Is she going to disarm her armed guards too?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google