• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

morph help please

GMR, these were the best eye shots of the adult female I could get. If you need better ones, please let me know. The male is inconveniently still in shed. He is not cooperating with this process.

Attachments

• Freya eye 1b.jpg
    Freya eye 1b.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Freya eye 2b.jpg
    Freya eye 2b.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Freya eye 3b.jpg
    Freya eye 3b.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 50
A ghost isn't anery b. A ghost is anery a + hypo. A phantom is anery b + hypo. A carbon is anery a + b. The peach/tan babies are either ghosts or really light colored aneries.

Things that tell me charcoal isn't present in these babies- They are high contrast between the color of the saddles and the ground color, especially on the heads. The snow baby has an extremely visible pattern, something you don't see on a blizzard. The yellow on the parents is a mustardy yellow and they have lots whereas charcoal based animals usually have very little yellow and it's usually pastel or lemon yellow.

Thank you! That explains and clears up much of the confusing, conflicting things I've read.

2 of the peach/tan ones have really dark red pupils while the other 2 appear more black. Is this just odd lighting or does that determine more? I know that amels have red pupils as do a few other morphs but amels have bright red (which these cleary don't, nor the light iris of amel gene).

I'm sorry for all the questions, but thank you for your patience.

Can you get me a good picture of the one that I said was an RF Snow Motley in natural light but not bright sunlight. Maybe near a window would work fine.

GMR, here are the more motley snow. Most of the other pictures were taken in the shade or indirect lighting. These were taken in different areas, near windows but in the shade. He has no patterns on his sides, just his dorsal. Belly is clear (but that is expected from both motley and stripe).

Attachments

• Fig 2b.jpg
    Fig 2b.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 40
  • Fig 3b.jpg
    Fig 3b.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Fig 4b.jpg
    Fig 4b.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 40
  • Fig 5b.jpg
    Fig 5b.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Fig 8b.jpg
    Fig 8b.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 41
His snow sister's pattern seems to be filling in with white. Her head is very frosted. None of my other snows have ever had this.

Attachments

• Pearl 1b.jpg
    Pearl 1b.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Pearl 2b.jpg
    Pearl 2b.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Pearl 4b.jpg
    Pearl 4b.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Pearl 5b.jpg
    Pearl 5b.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 40
Shiari, for the anery group: If I am following all of the genetics, the most likely for this group is hypo ghost, ghost, anery and darker(?) anery. Yes? All being motley-stripe are given from the start. An thank you again for all of the information!

I will be watching the yellow - as some of them aren't showing yellow or only a hint of it while others look like I painted them.

Attachments

• Shades of grey 1b.jpg
    Shades of grey 1b.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Shades of grey 2b.jpg
    Shades of grey 2b.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 42
Ghost is hypo + anery so 'hypo ghost' doesn't work. Motley can have a hypo-like effect so it's hard to say but most likely the lightest is a ghost motley and of the other 3, two are anery motleys and the the lightest of those 3 is on the border of being a dark ghost or a light anery.

Oh, right! Hypo+ anery=ghost. Weekend brain! Would pictures of them as hatchlings help to determine morph more than their current (8 month) ones?

Ghost is hypo + anery so 'hypo ghost' doesn't work. Motley can have a hypo-like effect so it's hard to say but most likely the lightest is a ghost motley and of the other 3, two are anery motleys and the the lightest of those 3 is on the border of being a dark ghost or a light anery.

For me, I should say the two darker ones are definitely Anery Motley and the two lighter ones are Ghost Motley however, I do agree with her the darker of the two is borderline so it is possible that it could be a light Anery or a darker Ghost Motley but if I had to choose one I would say based on what you have there it's more likely a Ghost Motley.

As for the snow, I'm second guessing myself where it did appear in the original pics that it had some extra pink, based on the others in the clutch I think it's just a regular Snow Motley since you didn't get any other extra pink hatchlings I highly doubt that you'd get just one RF and the rest regular so my consensus on that one is it's just a more pink looking Snow Motley and they do very quite a bit so it doesn't surprise me one bit. Nice clutch though. Loving that Snow Motley for sure.

Thank! The pink on the one snow with the stripe is higher than my normal snows but no where near my salmon (or coral? I forget which is he is) snow. He is somwhere between that and the salmony-orange of my other hypo snow. I'll see as he sheds out.
I'm still wondering about the filled in areas on some of their heads. I know that bloodred, diffused and masque have that. Since they are all motley-stripe, clear belly pattern or split checkers would not be a way to tell here. Is that head pattern a hypo trait as well?

Dad is finally out of shed. I took a few quick pictures of him.

Attachments

• Vlad 3b.jpg
    Vlad 3b.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Vlad b.jpg
    Vlad b.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 44
Dad is low contrast enough, with what little yellow he has being pastel rather than mustard, that I could see him possibly being a carbon motley (anery charcoal motley) but you'd have to test breed him to be sure. If you can find yourself a charcoal female you could have some real fun breeding babies from both females together later down the line.

Awesome! Thank you. I will do that. So is it possible that some of their babies, the ones with little to no yellow are also charcoal and not anery a or carbon? I'm guessing I have more projects than I intended

Sorry. Reread my post. It doesn't read how it sounded in my mind. I meant that the babies are possibly charcoal or carbon if the is little to no yellow and the yellow is pale as opposed to being anery a alone.

No the head pattern you're seeing is likely from Masque. They are probably het Masque due to only one parent being a Granite. I would say that I agree with the possibility of the ones without or low yellow being carbons but of course you may not know until breeding. If you plan to hold any back that would be at least one of the ones I'd hold back to test for charcoal. The best way to do that would be to pair it with something that is only charcoal because if you pair it to any of the other siblings in the clutch you'd wind up with the same issue as to if they're carbons or not.

I was told dad was het bloodred. So het masque makes sense. And I would not test breed the siblings for more reasons than questioning/determining traits.

Back