CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

View Poll Results: Vote on one or more moderators for this site
blckkat 33 15.94%
cka 14 6.76%
CMLReptiles 12 5.80%
cornsnakekid92 9 4.35%
DaemoNox 26 12.56%
DAND 33 15.94%
Dave123 12 5.80%
diamondlil 52 25.12%
Drizzt80 35 16.91%
Fenderplayer108 15 7.25%
Joejr14 46 22.22%
lefty_mussolini 36 17.39%
mbdorfer 67 32.37%
MohrSnakes 40 19.32%
PtDnsr 11 5.31%
Roy Munson 117 56.52%
snake5007 1 0.48%
stangs13 4 1.93%
Susan 86 41.55%
tricksterpup 5 2.42%
Tula_Montage 24 11.59%
tyflier 22 10.63%
None of the above - I don't like ANY of the selections 3 1.45%
None of the above - I don't want moderators at all. 16 7.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

VOTE for your choice of moderators on this site!

Old 02-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #81
Jay@PJCReptiles
I was just thinking that maybe the lack of member voting may be indicative to the overall concensus that they feel there is no need for moderators. Not stirring the pot as it was just a thought.
Jay

Old 02-26-2007, 08:33 AM   #82
Wintermute
I don't think people who have only just joined, or are hardly ever here would have or will vote, so I don't think there is any need to worry about them swaying the vote. Anyway, how is "inactivity" defined? Is it by how often you visit the site, or how often you post?

I wouldn't define myself as "active", but I'm certainly not "inactive". I think there are probably a lot of people here like me who just have a pet cornsnake and so don't have a vast wealth of knowledge and experience. As such, it's not very often that I have anything useful or constructive to say about genetics or health or breeding. So I only reply to topics that I have had experience in with regards to my own snake. That's probably why it seems like a lot of people register, but then don't post much or visit very often - I doubt it's because they don't like the site, but simply because as pet owners they don't have as much to say as the breeders and hobbyists.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #83
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJCReptiles
I was just thinking that maybe the lack of member voting may be indicative to the overall concensus that they feel there is no need for moderators. Not stirring the pot as it was just a thought.
Jay
not being rude But if you look at the bottom of the list of people running for office there is a selection that you can vote for, that says just that

None of the above - I don't like ANY of the selections 2 0.30%
None of the above - I don't want moderators at all. 14 2.12%

Old 02-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #84
Rich Z
Sorry, but no, there is just no feasible way to filter the members who can vote on the poll. Not only from a technical standpoint, but from a practical one in even being able to DEFINE that criteria.

But I believe this is just par for the course......

Old 02-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #85
Jrgh17
Plus, there's really no way to tell who's "active" and who's not. I know specifically of at least 2 people who come here almost everyday, but rarely post.

And telling someone that their membership in/contribution to this forum is not "enough" to vote... Well, I personally feel that's just innapropriate. If someone cares enough to vote, that should be enough to allow them to vote.

(Not trying to come off harshly here, just expressing my opinion)

Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #86
Dave123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Sorry, but no, there is just no feasible way to filter the members who can vote on the poll. Not only from a technical standpoint, but from a practical one in even being able to DEFINE that criteria.

I didn't mean anything like that. I meant if you were new and not active it would be hard to vote because you wouldn't know who to vote for. Stuff like filtering and all that would tear this forum apart.

Quote:
Wish I could get a par on a golf course.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #87
Rich Z
OK, I guess what I will do is to set a cutoff point for the poll. Not datewise, but voters. When we reach 200 voters (we are at 184 now), I will figure we have pretty much maxed out on interest and participation.

Does that sound realistic?

Of course, if we are sitting at 199 for several days, I will just call it quits then...

Or does everyone believe that it is already over with and nothing will change concerning the leaders in the votes?

Old 02-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #88
Vinman
Quote:
OK, I guess what I will do is to set a cutoff point for the poll. Not datewise, but voters. When we reach 200 voters (we are at 184 now), I will figure we have pretty much maxed out on interest and participation.

Does that sound realistic?

Of course, if we are sitting at 199 for several days, I will just call it quits then...

Or does everyone believe that it is already over with and nothing will change concerning the leaders in the votes?
Rich I cant speak for everyone but the polls haven't realy change much in the last few days. I think you should pick the top 3 or 4 and assine them to diffrent fourms on the site. I'm not telling you what to do, it is just my oppion

Old 02-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #89
Dave123
Sounds good Rich. I think it will stay pretty much the same. Keep us updated if you can.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #90
Lennycorn
I would have to agree with Vinman. The polls haven't change much since day four!

If there was a mass e-mailling you could employ or something to tell the members about "last call for voting", then fine. But I do think you maxed out with the members who are intrested in the poll.

Funny tho, since you started this poll. The need for a moderator as cease.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google