CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Rich Z
Exclamation Moderator needed - apply within, please.

As some of you probably realize, Mike (mbdorfer) decided to step down from being a moderator recently, so that has put a hole in the staff that needs to be filled.

The last time I added a new moderator, I just selected a guy at random ( ) who seems to be working out well. But as Jeff told me, his time is rather limited to do this sort of thing, but that was OK because I already had three mods in place anyway. But now with Mike gone, the workload is heavier on the main people taking up the slack, and I need to step in and get them some more help.

So what I want to do is basically the same thing I did initially. Yeah, I could just ask someone privately, but quite honestly, the voting process back then was actually a lot of fun, I think. So, I want to get a list of people interested in being a moderator here, with the understanding that the job DOES need some time in the ring to help do what moderators need to do for the health and welfare of this site and it's members. Traffic here is increasing, which naturally means more posts need to be reviewed, and more fires will need to be put out before they become widespread conflagrations.

So that's the scoop. Please submit the "application" to be a moderator HERE within this thread, as this is where I will pull the names from to generate the poll for the membership to vote on. What I want is for someone to volunteer, knowing what is hoped for while being a mod, or a third party can recommend another, as long as the recommended member accepts that nomination with the same above understanding.

I'll give this application process a week, figuring that I will close the application period sometime on December 18th. After that date I will compile the poll in another thread and then let the voting run maybe till Christmas. That should give both phases of the process enough time for most people. If it appears that more time is required, then I will adjust that as needed.

So all those interested, raise your hand, please....

Old 12-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
Lennycorn
I see Starsevol (Beth) hand is raised in the back of the room there Rich.
And.... she does "live" here and you would notice her work!!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Lennycorn
Ok Ok... I think Nanci would do a fine job too.
I hope she would raise her hand too!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Tula_Montage
I'll rise to the challenge. I am an objective member of this site, and for the most part I like to kick back and observe how things work, how people interact, the general dynamics and the gentle flow of the board. It's a lively place with a diverse bunch of people, each with their own passionate opinion. As a moderator, I suppose it would be my job to ensure everyone had the right to their own opinion and input in every aspect without things becoming too fired up which inevitably will lead to people opposing other people, and not merely their opinions.

I like to throw spanners in the works, and sometimes I play devils advocate. I like to make people think, sometimes as a mechanism to avoid conflict or to change the subject when I see things going down a slippery slope. I rarely get too involved in flame fests, political wars or silly games.

I am a level headed individual, with a somewhat gentle (yet stubborn) nature and I feel I would be a well balanced moderator who would have no problem calmly correcting a friend, or my worst enemy. I do not have the time to actively seek out members who are a tad out of line, so my time would not be wasted on frivolity. It would be constructive output, in moderating areas of the forum which need it the most.

Of course I'd also give everyone a lollipop....

I just know I'll read this back in the morning when I am more coherent and think who on earth wrote that flowery crap!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
wade
And she is cute Rich.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Tula_Montage
Want a mugshot?

Old 12-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
danielle
I think all of these guys are a great choice, but if all 3 are on the ballot votings going to be hard.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
ComoxCorn
I think Wade would make a good Mod.....depending on his tequila levels

Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
Tim66/corns
I think that Beth, Nanci, Elle & Wade would each make and excellent choice! I also think Eric & Robbie should consider to. Of course I am glad I would not be the decision maker in this list of my friends.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #10
LBoz
All great choices....I've already tossed Nanci's hat into the ring with a current mod. I think she's the awesomest!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread