• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my male is "jerking"

lykinst

after a disappointing first try at breeding this year im tryin g again but everytime i put my male in with the female he begins to jerk almost like hes dry humping the aspen or something its really strange has anyone else experienced this? is his sensories just overloaded or something?

That is normal... It means "I am a cornsnake" to the other snake. If the female is not ready or sending out the right signals/ pheronomes, they probably won't breed. If the male is not trying at all to breed the female, try later after she sheds. If he's trying and she keeps getting away you can leave them together, some males can be very persuasive ;)

Females give off an extra dose of "come get me" pheramones immediately after shedding. The jerking from the male is his equivalent of dribbling in her ear and telling her he'll respect her in the morning!

Now is the time to try them together again.

ive been keeping them together overnight for three days now ive not seen any mating atempts yet but ive decided to just put em together and leave em together for a week or so shes been on a f/t rat a week but im gonna put her on smaller meals like two mice a week untill i know for sure if shes gavid or not last night i dreamed she laid 5 eggs for me im hoping for more like 10 or 15 shes a common het for creamsicle and hes a candy should be interesting

To be honest, unless you've stayed up all night watching, you probably won't have seen them mating. Sometimes it can be wild and dramatic, sometimes it can be silent and sneaky!

Two mice a week is a smaller meal?? One mouse a week would be normal for an adult female. One rat a week was probably overdoing it anyway.

thats what i thought thats what my male eats but the breeder i got her from put her on it so im trying to ween her down to smaller meals

ive been keeping them together overnight for three days now ive not seen any mating atempts yet but ive decided to just put em together and leave em together for a week or so shes been on a f/t rat a week but im gonna put her on smaller meals like two mice a week untill i know for sure if shes gavid or not last night i dreamed she laid 5 eggs for me im hoping for more like 10 or 15 shes a common het for creamsicle and hes a candy should be interesting

There is no such thing as het creamsicle. The snake is a rootbeer het for amel...it's a hybrid.

Pairing it with a candy cane (amel) will produce creamsicles and rootbeers het amel. Please make sure you label all offspring as such.

oh well thats what the breeder i got her from told me but i will sure label them the correct way thanx for the correction

hey joejr you were exactly right she definantly is a rootbeer i looked up some pics of them and she fits ALL desriptions to a T thanx for the input will keep you in mind if i have any other questions when hatching time gets here

Back