• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question (time-sentitive): OK to transport during clear shed phase?

LadyJemima

Snakes are the new sexy
I am very excited to soon introduce a corn to my house (Ruby will be rehomed with a wonderful rescuer / enthusiast in early August). Unfortunately the snake I will be adopting went cloudy yesterday. We were planning on tentatively transporting him (3 hours total) on Sunday. My question is, if he is in the clear by then, BUT still pre-shed, would it be unusually stressful for him to be transported during this phase? I know they are jumpy when cloudy, and uncomfortable pre-shed, but I'm not sure how they "feel" during this phase.

Please let me know your thoughts so I can make or cancel arrangements.

I've had corns shipped to me that shed in the shipping container. I wouldn't worry about it. Just handle with care while transporting. Some people like to place the snake in a soft cotton sack for transporting, which I assume keeps them feeling safe.

What Twolounger said, I've both shipped and received snakes in all stages of shed, while not ideal, it won't hurt him either. 3 hours isn't a very long time and you'll want to let him settle into his new home with no handling to de-stress for a few days anyway.

I think too many people worry about "Stress" in snakes.

Corn snakes are tougher than we give them credit for.

Back