CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Do you have other pets, and how are they around your snake(s)?

Old 06-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #11
NinnJinn
We have a 11lb Yorkie mix (Cooper). Cooper was very curious about Hunter (Corn) and kept looking into the Viv. After having Hunter for 2 days, I took him out to meet Cooper. Hunter could careless, Cooper was calm but wagging his tail wildly. Hunter stretched over to cooper, Cooper sniffed, snorted and walked away. lol Since then, Cooper no longer has any interest in Hunter. I haven't let Cooper meet Sherbert (corn) yet... Sherbert still gets spooked easily.

Not sure how old the Corns are when Pet smart gets them, but we got sherbert within 24hrs of Pet smart getting it in.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #12
beyourownspotlight
We have a husky, who is only ever interested in our corn Alfie while he's being handled, and that goes as far as wagging his tail, and coming over to look and leaving when he's told 'back'. Alfie doesn't seem to care about the dog, and is used to seeing the dog and humans walking past his viv. We have a bearded dragon too, she and our corn have never interacted and I doubt they ever will. I think they know each other are there, they are kept in the same room, but never will they be allowed to interact. We also have three chinchillas which are kept upstairs, and for obvious reasons they and our corn will not be allowed to interact. I'm not sure who would win that fight, a chin or corn but I am not willing or wanting to ever find out hahaha

Old 06-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #13
Dragonling
Adult chin vs. corn, I have no doubt the chin would win hands down.

My cat is relentless when he wants something. I'm pretty sure he would eventually learn how to pull drawers out, so he is banished from the room with the snakes. He is also incredibly dense at times, and often doesn't notice I have a snake out the rare time I bring one downstairs.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #14
Hekkubus
Yeah, as several have said, I'd be very careful, especially with cats. Mine just randomly took a swat at Sunny, my snake the other day. Sunny, struck at my dog yesterday when she was sniffing at Sunny, so neither cat or dog are going to have a chance to bond with him again.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #15
MysticExotics
I have two Belgian Malinois. My male is about 3.5yrs old, and my female is almost 15 months old.
My male isn't very interested in them, but he'll sometimes follow me into the snake room and watch.
My female is very curious, and I have to keep her back, especially during feeding time. I doubt she would do anything, but I won't take that chance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google