CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Meet "Rufus"

Old 07-08-2017, 11:57 AM   #421
DLena
He's showing off his "Fine Form" big time! VaVaVoom

Old 07-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #422
DollysMom
Such a handsome boy with an impressive command of the English language as well!

Old 07-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #423
Karl_Mcknight
Proper Snake Dining Etiquette

When dining on Warmed Mouse, show the Waiter and the Maitre D' your appreciation by slinging your butt over the side

Old 07-14-2017, 11:00 PM   #424
DLena
Is that akin to holding ones pinky in the air while sipping tea?

Old 07-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #425
Karl_Mcknight
"PEEK-A-BOO"

Old 07-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #426
DollysMom
That picture is too cute! Cleo sends Rufus her best regards ( if you know what I mean) <3 <3 <3 !

Old 07-29-2017, 03:37 PM   #427
DLena
What an adorable boy.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #428
Karl_Mcknight
Clowning around with Rufus

Pictures 1 through 3 - Rufus and I playing "Boop Snoot."

For people that say Snakes only Tolerate human handling and don't enjoy it, sorry to say, you really don't know what you're talking about and I feel sad for your snake(s).

Picture 4 - Rufus being of the "Stripe Variation" does not have the classic belly checkers that Wild Corn snakes have, but he does have little black freckles where the checkers should be. He's proudly showing off his belly in this picture.

Picture 5 - Rufus is tuckered out, and going back home with thoughts of "Mice" in his head...... he gets to eat tomorrow.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #429
DLena
You gave Rufus quite a fun play day! He's going to need a really juicy, plump mousy!
I have a couple snakes that really have no interest in people, but most of mine appear to like hanging out... they come to the front of the cage, they climb onto my arm of their own free will, they explore my hair and clothes, slithering all around. I call that an interactive personality. The more time they get with their person, the more they engage. That seems like a definition of enjoyment to me.
If snakes only tolerate us and get stressed by all handling, they we shouldn't have them as pets because that would be inherently cruel.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #430
Karl_Mcknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
......... If snakes only tolerate us and get stressed by all handling, they we shouldn't have them as pets because that would be inherently cruel.
I agree, however I have found that the people that say that most often are the Breeders running Snake Mills, that only see them as Commodities and sources of income and not pets. I mean, what's the point of even having a "Pet" if you're not going to treat it as such?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google