CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

The heart warming take if Captain Tuddles!

Old 07-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
KatSea
The heart warming take if Captain Tuddles!

Hello everyone is the wonderful world or corns!

I'm new to the group and I only have a year of snake experience. I'm the proud owner of a very... Agrivating and difficult Bloodred corn who my mom has named Captain Tuddles.

So the Captain didn't have a great start in life. His previous owner didn't take care of him at all. When I was offered him he hadn't been fed in months severely underweight, no water, tank hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long, no heat source (the house they lived in had no heat so in the midst of winter he was in a room that got to 10°). The guy would pop him on the head to get him aggravated or pull and poke at him. So one day the guy was like "hey either you take him or he's going in the trash" so of course I was like give me him now.

Now the funny part of this is I had always wanted a snake but my mom is terrified and had always told me no. Well when I came to her with his sad story she agreed (woo!)

So the Captain is doing great, he's a little over 4 feet and is healthy and at a proper size. He just finished an amazing shed. Couple of things we still work on his handling. He hates it. Will let me hold him for about 5 minutes then BAM! attack mode activated. I've just kinda come to terms is he won't be a snake I handle much and I'm okay with that.

His set up right now is a 70 gallon with lots of driftwood and hiding place and plants. It was the tank the guy had him in and I know corns like smaller size tanks but when. I tried downsizing him a little he disliked it. So now he's back in the 70 and does great!

Thanks for reading!!

Old 07-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
KatSea
That moment your phone autocorrects your title and you don't catch it...

Old 07-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Twolunger
My gosh I'm so happy you rescued him. I'd tell you what I think of the previous owner, but I'd probably be in violation of the forum rules. Don't give up handling him if that's what you would like to do. Take it slow until he learns to trust people again.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #4
Scrappyeddie77
Welcome and thank you for stepping up to take care of the little corn. I am with Twolunger keep working with it and you will build the trust up. We well at least I would like to see a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-19-2017, 12:59 AM   #5
DLena
That's wonderful! He's very lucky to have you to care for him. Give him time, love and excellent care, and see if he doesn't come around. Welcome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google