• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First time snake owner. Loving it!

So I thought I would add another quick update. It has only been 16 days since the last one, and Slinky has put on almost 20g! He weighed in at 62g at his last feeding. I have made to move to hoppers and he has no problem with them. He took his first 12g hopper on Saturday with ease. I woke up this morning to find him in blue. This is the first time that I was actually able to catch him when his eyes were milky. It really is a huge noticeable difference. I'll update again after his shed with his new length.

I'm telling ya, there is something special about this snake. He grows so fast! Every time I look at him I swear he is bigger!

I'm a little late to this post, but I just wanted to say you have an absolutely gorgeous snake there, Haight! I'm enjoying seeing him grow (as I'm sure everyone else is too!)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm telling ya, there is something special about this snake. He grows so fast! Every time I look at him I swear he is bigger!

Damn, my hatchling is more than a week older than yours and is only pushing 18g. That's insane!

I'm a little late to this post, but I just wanted to say you have an absolutely gorgeous snake there, Haight! I'm enjoying seeing him grow (as I'm sure everyone else is too!)

That's why we always say you can't tell their age from their size. My girl Cleo is a month younger (August 28) than Slinky and weighs 19 grams. She's just moving up to double pinkies. I sure do enjoy seeing Slinky and all the snakeys grow! But I do admit, Slinky is the big boy on the block!

Thanks, Nimbuzz!

That's why we always say you can't tell their age from their size. My girl Cleo is a month younger (August 28) than Slinky and weighs 19 grams. She's just moving up to double pinkies. I sure do enjoy seeing Slinky and all the snakeys grow! But I do admit, Slinky is the big boy on the block!

I'm too excited that he is growing so fast. I don't want it to stop! Just weighed in at 68g this morning! I don't know how he does it! I'll try to get an updated picture up soon.

Thanks, Nimbuzz!

I'm too excited that he is growing so fast. I don't want it to stop! Just weighed in at 68g this morning! I don't know how he does it! I'll try to get an updated picture up soon.
Growing like a weed! My girl's 48g and 24.6"! I really hope she grows to be a big one too!

Snake buddies! 😋 I also forgot for her to pass poop before weighing her so she's actually 46g not 48g [emoji15]

I've been guilty of that a few times. I'm certain of his weight this time because it had been 9 days since I last fed him. Lots of time to leave me lovely presents all over his viv :D

Man, ya'll with your fast growing babies and here my July 13th boy is still not even 20g. Granted, he's been on day olds way too long...hopefully the reptilinks will give him a leg up.

Er, uh...so to speak. :laugh:

Man, ya'll with your fast growing babies and here my July 13th boy is still not even 20g. Granted, he's been on day olds way too long...hopefully the reptilinks will give him a leg up.

Er, uh...so to speak. :laugh:

Yeah that might be it. I was feeding Slinky two 2g pinkies at 15g, and had started him on 7g fuzzies at 32g. Now he is taking 12g hoppers. It went fast. Really fast. He typically goes 5 days between feedings.

The fortunate thing about reptilinks is that all sizes are nutritionally equivalent gram for gram, minus the casing of course. He'll likely be eating three links at a time before I have to order more.

The fortunate thing about reptilinks is that all sizes are nutritionally equivalent gram for gram, minus the casing of course. He'll likely be eating three links at a time before I have to order more.

I've been thinking about trying some out with Slinky. Just have 4 hoppers left in the freezer so I might give them a try soon.

Back