CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

hello

Old 07-08-2017, 02:42 AM   #1
heathrow1
hello

Hello new member here steve from stanford le hope essex

Old 07-08-2017, 02:45 AM   #2
heathrow1
Need some help regarding corn snake eggs.
I used to have a large shed where I used to breed kings and milkshakes with no problems.
Now I have four corn snakes and at present have seven eggs on heat mat incubating at 80 degrees they are at 55 days.I candled them last night all have veins and masses but only one started to move does anyone think the others should be ok?

Old 07-08-2017, 08:09 AM   #3
Patmart
Hi Steve I'm pat
This is a really great site to get help I am a new owner only since November
I have a amel corn snake
He is 8 months old now
Had him a 9 weeks
I live in Shropshire
Pat x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-08-2017, 09:32 AM   #4
heathrow1
Hi pat.
I have four corns one male three females just hoping the 7 eggs hatch soon did have 12 lost 5 three weeks ago eggs are 8 weeks old tomorrow

Old 07-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
Patmart
Well done Steve hope they all do well
Pat x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
Twolunger
I incubate at 81-82F and nothing seems to hatch before 60 days. I've had eggs hatch at 70 days too. Just be patient, I'm not, but it's good advice. I'm at 59 days on two clutches and wearing the incubator door out, opening and closing. My wife says I'm sitting and staring at the incubator like something is going to jump out any minute.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Hello Steve, and welcome!

I incubate eggs in a box on a shelf in the snake room. They're usually about 80-81 degrees. My last clutch started hatching at 64 days.
I have had some take longer, I wouldn't worry about it. Easier said than done, I know.

I took in a clutch that had been incubated at regular room temperature here in the Seattle area, (more mild temps) they took over 100 days to hatch.

I wouldn't be too worried, unless the eggs are looking really bad. Although I have had babies hatch out of bad looking eggs.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #8
heathrow1
Thanks for all the advice,like I said previous o used to breed milks and kings but they were all in a large shed. Eggs are in plastic shoe box on heat mat 56 days old tomorrow although I have noticed one denting in today and it's one that I could not candle well hope it's not dying.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:19 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathrow1 View Post
Thanks for all the advice,like I said previous o used to breed milks and kings but they were all in a large shed. Eggs are in plastic shoe box on heat mat 56 days old tomorrow although I have noticed one denting in today and it's one that I could not candle well hope it's not dying.
Denting this far on incubation typically means they're getting close to hatching.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:17 PM   #10
heathrow1
Just candled again me being impatient noticed two movements in two of the eggs no movement in the other five including the two dented ones day 56 tomorrow

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google