CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Wind Serpents 2018 Planned Pairings

Old 01-15-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
Dragonling
Wind Serpents 2018 Planned Pairings

These are stiill somewhat tentative and may change or be eliminated. I'll have a final listing once pairs have bred at least once. These are mostly listed in order of priority for now.

1. Alpha x Akiri (Palmetto w/unknown hets x Sunkissed het Hypo Motley)

2. Alpha x November (Palmetto w/unknown hets x Orchid het Amel Stripe ph Caramel)

These two pairings have the obvious ultimate intent of bringing Sunkissed to Palmetto. I believe hets have already been made elsewhere, but I'm still very interested in seeing if there is any effect on the pattern, as well as anticipating the eventual look of an Orchid Palmetto.

3. Marshall x Ambrosia (Classic het Golden x Classic het Caramel ph Golden Motley Lava)

4. Marshall x Amandine (Classic het Golden x Classic het Caramel ph Golden Motley Lava)

Depending on rack space and how large the other girls are by early summer, I may have two more poss hets to throw at this boy. He is pretty huge though, and the girls are 2016s and barely up to size so we may end up having to wait another year for Goldens.

5. Tango x India (Cayenne Fire x Blackjack Anery w/unknown hets)
I planned to do this pairing last year, but backed out at the last minute when she regurged, had an odd poo, and started refusing meals. Fortunately she did not lay slugs like the year before, so she feels quite strong and has had a voracious appetite. Goal here is for hets that will later produce screaming pink Avalanches and Snows, as well as pink-on-black Aneries.

6. Alpha x Delta (Palmetto w/unknown hets x Buf Tessera het Amel)
This is a last minute possibility, since I was set to loan Delta to Chris McIntosh. If she recovers the way she did last year, she will be sent off to Chris for either a double clutch or to breed the following year.

7. Kilo x Zulu (Mystery Hypo het Motley ph Anery x Mystery Hypo het Motley ph Anery)
Hoping to further unravel the mystery by pairing these two siblings. Crossing my fingers they prove het Anery. Regardless, we will be watching for distinctly differing phenotypes among the offspring, which may help us determine if the parents are Hypoberry.

8. Charlie x Felicity (Strawberry Plasma het Lava Butter x Magma het Almond ph Strawberry Amel)
This one is a really iffy pairing. Felicity is still pretty small, and a finicky eater, and defensive on top of that. I've contemplated selling her, but she would be a terrible pet. Unfortunately my Diffused Topaz phom/phet Strawberry ph Lavender has proven to be male, not female as he was originally sold. I'm listing it here just in case, because I had quite a lot of interest from other parties in this particular set of mutations. At this very least, this will be a goal for 2019.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #2
Corning
Very nice animals. Put me down for a palmetto orchid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corning View Post
Very nice animals. Put me down for a palmetto orchid!

Lol talk to me in a few years. Unless you want some hets of your own!

Old 01-30-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
Dragonling
So since Alpha is still petrified of my girls, and Akiri was clearly ovulating, I went ahead and put her with Julian, my previously-thought-female Diffused Topaz hom/phet Strawberry phet Moonstone. Hoping for more surprise het matchups, though I'm not looking forward to possibly getting Hypoberries. The hets will be very nice for projects though, as I have not yet seen a Sunkissed Topaz, let alone a Diffused one. I'm sure Steve is on it though.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:32 AM   #5
Dragonling
Pairing #6 is also going to be out, as I seem to have completely missed Delta's ovulation. She's always the early bird, but apparently this year her pre-ovulation shed was BEFORE the first of the year, and she is now quite obviously gravid. Considering her previous pairing was to a Lavender morph, I am hesitant to keep any viable looking eggs for fear of excess kinking thanks to very old sperm.

There is still hope that Alpha will figure out what to do by the time Nova ovulates! Crossing fingers and toes.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #6
Twolunger
Thanks for sharing your proposed breeding pairs. I love Tango and wonder why there aren't more Cayenne Fires being offered for sale? I used to see them on Don's website, so I know they are out there.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #7
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Thanks for sharing your proposed breeding pairs. I love Tango and wonder why there aren't more Cayenne Fires being offered for sale? I used to see them on Don's website, so I know they are out there.
I know he sells out of whatever Cayennes he does release every year very quickly. They are pretty high in demand, but perhaps he only puts out a clutch or two at most per year? Keeps people wanting more I suppose, as well as keeping a steady price tag. That's fine with me, the fewer out there the better. Gives me more time to muddle it into some projects of my own before the rabble think of it.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:01 AM   #8
Dragonling
Speaking of Cayenne, we got our first lock from Tango and India last night, as well as Kilo and Zulu. Three of my four phet Golden ladies are in shed, including the two listed, so hopefully we can get Marshall back home in time for their ovulation cycle.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
Dragonling
A few updates:

Akiri laid 2 days ago, which means swapping in a more confident male was certainly the correct decision. Looks like a nice healthy clutch of 23, so cross your fingers we find more matching hets and get some good project babies.

Zulu and India should lay within the next couple of weeks.

Delta, who was looking quite gravid but had not mated this year, appears to have reabsorbed. We will be watching for a second ovulation.

Alpha is cohabbing with November for now, and she is not showing signs of ovulation yet. I'm hoping the next shed will be the right time. Initially he would flee from her, but now they are sharing hides, so I'm hoping he will be relaxed enough with her that when she finally is ready to breed he will not hesitate.

Marshall is now with us, but having been stuck in transit for an extra day with chilly weather, the RI he originally arrived one state over has returned. Fortunately he still has a good appetite.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #10
Corning
Oh that is exciting! Hope you have lots of healthy babies!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google