CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

How to travel with snake?

Old 06-27-2018, 08:59 AM   #1
rocketshipwalker
How to travel with snake?

My mom is a preschool teacher and she has told the children in her class about my snake before and she would like me to bring him in.
I would just hold him and tell the kids about him and maybe let them do that two finger pet on his tail or back or something.
He's a really relaxed snake, never had any attitude problems or anything so I think he'd be fine.
I just don't know what the best way to travel with him would be?
The school is about a fifteen minute car ride away from my house.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
Twolunger
When I transported my corns I used a storage container with a handle and put paper towels on the bottom. They were often under the paper towels. Sometimes I used aspen shavings on the bottom. A 15 minute ride is nothing for your corn to endure. I know the kids will love your corn.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:10 PM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
I put my snake around my neck and drive. He just stays there. But he's also full grown and used to riding with me. If your snake is younger and smaller and won't sit still for 15 minutes, then get one of those snake bags. I used them with baby snakes, but never have needed them for adults.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
SnakeDipperSnipper
When I went to get photos taking of Snipper, we used a pillow case to transport him. If you can get someone else to drive maybe sitting in the passengers with him around your neck could work as well

Old 07-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #5
brian60
I see no issue with the around your neck thing at all, other than if you get pulled over for speeding or running a stop light and have to explain why there is a snake around your neck LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google