CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Rapid non-stop movements a day after eating

Old 05-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
MontyTheCornSnake789
Rapid non-stop movements a day after eating

I just got back from work to see my corn snake, Monty, racing around his enclosure, this is very odd as hes usually very calm, the only time I see him moving around is when hes hungry, but I fed him the night before.

He is zooming around his tank trying to get out, I've never seen any snake move this fast.

He's 4 years old, normal corn snake, no known medical issues, hes always been a good feeder, when I've handled him hes very calm, so calm that I let my 4 year old niece play with him.

I'm concerned for him and his well being, like I said, I've never seen a snake move so fast.

I was researching for nearly an hour and I couldn't find anything about corn snakes moving around so abruptly and fast. If you have any ideas or inquiries please reply ASAP.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:28 PM   #2
Dennis Gulla
I would start by checking your temperatures on your enclosures cool side, should be around 75. The warm side as well, should be about 85. If he ate the night before, that’s a good sign as well. If the temps in your enclosure are good I wouldn’t worry about it. If there’s something wrong with him he most likely will regurgitate what you fed him. Sometimes they can very active if they smell a prey item, if the enclosure is too warm, or sometimes before having a bowel movement.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
he's looking for love. It's mating season.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #4
Dennis Gulla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
he's looking for love. It's mating season.
Yep, that’s true too!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
adult corn snake, concerned, fast, health, weird