CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Coronavirus infection from China

Old 03-02-2020, 01:07 AM   #11
Rich Z
Uh oh! Two cases turned up near Tampa.

Florida’s first coronavirus cases found in Hillsborough and Manatee counties

It might be time to go into lockdown mode here. If they found 2 cases, there are certainly going to be more carrying and spreading the virus.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #12
Lore
We had a 3rd case confirmed in Cook County IL here.
I know they don’t want to induce mass panic...
But I REALLY wish they would share what town the person infected resided, town they work (where they work would probably be most fair to their coworkers) did they go shopping? Concerts? I don’t know ... I feel like we need more info when a person is diagnosed.
Maybe I’m just paranoid, maybe I’m allowing media to scare me. But when it’s local, it’s scary. Especially when you have a husband with a poor immune system.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #13
SnakeCreations
As of the last report I read, Washington State has two deaths, both from the same long-term care facility. Three current infections within the community where they are unable to identify a source of infection.

Ugh.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:41 AM   #14
Rich Z
I think China's response to the virus is what gets me to feeling antsy. They have had pathogens tear through them before, but I don't recall them ever taking the steps then that they are now. They basically gutted their economy, and are throwing the world economy into a tailspin along with them. And then recently, they closed down the lab that had sequenced this new coronavirus.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...-world-ordered

It doesn't say anything about it in that article, but I have heard rumors that all of the records the scientists created about this virus have been destroyed as well.

It really sounds to me that they know a whole lot more about this than they are telling. And whatever that may be, is not going to be good news.

I really hope I am wrong, but my spider sense is really tingling about this.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:42 PM   #15
Rich Z
Aw crap. Now it is local to me.

Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare confirms first COVID-19 case, death in Leon County after out-of-state patient dies

Two patients who went to free-standing Capital Regional ER test positive for COVID-19

Now Connie and I have to decide if she does to the dentist office on Monday for that bridgework. On the plus side she talked with the dentist office today, and they said they are now only accepting REAL emergency patients. So at least the number of people going through that office has been reduced.

But still......

Old 03-19-2020, 08:44 PM   #16
Rich Z
And to lighten the mood a little bit...

Looks like a new trend might be starting, making the best of a bad situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google