CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

My first Gecko hatchlings!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
MysticExotics
My first Gecko hatchlings!

I started breeding Crested Geckos late last year, & now have four babies from that pairing.

They incubated for a long time, which I've heard has been kind of common as of lately, my guess is that it is from late in the season breeding.
I would have two more babies, but I missed the first pair of eggs, & they dried out.

The babies hatched in this order:
KAI-12-03-hatched December 9 at 112 days (likely a holdback)
KAI-12-04-hatched December 11 at 114 days
KAI-12-06-hatched January 24 at 128 days (likely a holdback)
KAI-12-05-hatched January 26 at 130 days (has not shed yet)

*The last picture is of KAI-03 (the first one to hatch) & KAI-05 (the last one to hatch)

Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Nanci
So adorable!!

Old 01-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
MysticExotics
Thanks! They're a fun species to have. They're incredibly cute as babies, great to watch grow up & see how they change, & they're fun as adults.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
BloodyBaroness
BABY GECKOS! -glee face-

Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
BooBoo18
AAAAWWWWWWEEEEE!!!!! So cute!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Tavia
Wow! Took them a long time but their crests sure benefitted from the long time cooking!

Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Wow! Took them a long time but their crests sure benefitted from the long time cooking!
Thank you!
Two of the babies have found homes (KAI04 & KAI05) I am holding onto KAI03 & KAI06 to see how they turn out.

I have 6 eggs cooking right now, from another pairing. The oldest eggs are at day 91 today, so hopefully soon. The female should be laying another set of eggs any day now.

I'll post a thread when the first of that pairing hatches.

Here's recent pix of KAI03 & KAI06

Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
Tavia
Looking good. I can't get mine to incubate for longer than 77 days, seems like 85-95 or thereabouts is ideal for big hatchlings with good structure. Need to get some new pictures of my one crested hold back.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Looking good. I can't get mine to incubate for longer than 77 days, seems like 85-95 or thereabouts is ideal for big hatchlings with good structure. Need to get some new pictures of my one crested hold back.
What temps are yours at? I've had mine right about 70, but they have gone down to high 60's a couple times & occasionally up to low 70's.

I keep them at room temp.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #10
Tavia
I keep them at room temp generally in the reptile room which is kept between 70-76. Did try incubating a few in a colder part of the house once but they never developed beyond a cheerio, don't know if it was a problem with the eggs or if it was too cold, so I stopped trying.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google