CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Rescued Snake - please help

Old 07-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #21
DennisP
My females do the same thing just before they're about to lay (refuse food, then rest)
Did the vet xray earlier? I would have suspected they'd have done that.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:48 PM   #22
Raven
Yes. The vet x-rayed to check on the injury, bone density, if she was gravid, etc. She had at least 7. Just heard back from the vet. She said to weigh her. If she's lost weight she reabsorbed the eggs, if she's the same or heavier we may have a problem.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:53 AM   #23
Raven
She was definitely not happy about me taking her out today. Current weight is 433g. That's definitely weight loss, but is it due to re-absorption of eggs or less food and more activity?

Old 07-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #24
Rich Z
What does your egg-laying box look like?

Old 07-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #25
Raven
sterlite bin stuffed with damp sphagnum (may add even more) with a hole in the lid. I can take a picture of one of my other ones. I don't want to lift the sheet unless I need to with her.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:54 AM   #26
Raven
The vet is saying that she most likely is re-absorbing the eggs and should be fine but to keep an eye on her. If anything changes I'll let you all know. Thanks for all of the support and advice! If there is anything else I should be doing for her please let me know.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #27
Twolunger
It's probably a blessing that she is re-absorbing the eggs. That is much preferable to becoming eggbound. The only thing I would do is make sure she gets lots of exercise.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #28
Raven
I've read swimming and stair climbing work well. As I have no stairs nor tub, what are other forms would work well? I normally just let them slither around. I was looking into building an "exercise" enclosure for my crew but that won't be done for a while.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #29
Twolunger
I had a bleached dead tree about 5 feet tall. My corns loved to climb up the branches. They would climb for hours. But you really had to watch them, as hawks would attempt
to swoop down and grab them, even with me sitting in a lawnchair near the tree. I have seen exercise climbers made from dowels. Someone posted one or two on this forum, and you use it indoors.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #30
Raven
Thanks! Yours don't get mites from the tree or outside? I was thinking of something similar, but screened in (very well - reptibreeze style) so that I didn't have to worry about other critters attacking them while they were exploring outside and that I could bring as well. I'll have to look through the forum some more. Must have missed it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google