CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Lava Lavenders" Number 16 is a possibility!

Old 07-23-2004, 02:03 AM   #21
ecreipeoj
It's a girl!

The second Lava Lavender emerged from its egg and is of the same phenotype as the first one. Considering the genetic make up of the parents and the expected possible double homozygous genotypes that were possible, there is very little doubt that this is a Lava Lavender.

It is a female, like the first one, and is in perfect health. Well, hopefully they will both take their fist meal without any problems, but there are no kinks or obvious problems with either of them.

Both of the adult females double clutched 12 eggs, so hopefully there is a male in there somewhere. I hatched out some Hets for Striped Lava Lavenders not long ago and some more Hets for Lava Lavender from different lineages, so hopefully in 2 -3 years the Lava Lavenders will be off to a good start.

The name game will be fun and any and all suggestions will be written down in my little black book. It is not known what the adults will look like, but we can use the Hypo Lavender and Ice Ghost hatchling to adult transformations to get a picture in our minds. I picture two shades of pink with lavender highlights. That discribes a "Cotton Candy" Corn pretty much too. Hey, that name is not taken yet, just kidding.

Old 07-26-2004, 03:20 PM   #22
ecreipeoj
Here is the first Lava Lavender after she shed. She looks about the same as before.

Old 07-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #23
ecreipeoj
Here are a few photos of the Lava Lavender Siblings. The Anerys are very Black and a silvery gray. They are not blue like they were out of the egg. DARN! The Ice Ghost look different than other Ice Ghost that I have hatched out and the Lavenders from this clutch have a reddish brown cast to them, which is also different than most of the Lavenders that I have hatched.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #24
Simon
Awesome~!

I really like that blueish blush that the lava lavender has~ that 'eye lash' thing is really cute and I really like it. I need to come down to the states and snatch a couple off you...I'll bug you until you'll sell me them~ LOL!!!!!

Old 07-27-2004, 01:36 PM   #25
elaphe4herps
I like those wicked red eyes on the lava lav. CRAZINESS Can't wait to see it al growed up!

Old 11-13-2004, 02:57 PM   #26
ecreipeoj
Catherine, Here is a thread with some photos of the Lava Lavenders when they were born. My Avatar is one of them as well. They have pink eyes which is a little strange. They are as pink as an amel's eyes.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:45 PM   #27
Jynx
thanks Joe. Thought it was wierd that this post just popped up! thats absolutly awesome! For the last few years, I haven't been doing too much with the lav morphs, but I've been bit by the bug. Is there a waiting list for when these girls produce yet? LOL How are they doing now? did they eat/shed fine? Are they taking on more of an opal appearance with age, or is the lav tint staying true?

Old 11-13-2004, 06:52 PM   #28
ecreipeoj
The trio is doing great. They have never refused a meal and are growing fast. The two females were from the first clutches and are beginning to develop more of there lavender color which is expected. The male is has much less of the lavender coloration, but he was that way at birth and he is two months younger.

The most noticeable thing about them that is different from Hypo Lavs is that their eyes are pink. Their pink coloration is a different shade of pink than I have seen on other corns as well. It is more of a rose pink than regular pink. I am feeding that room today, so I will see if I can get them to settle down together for an updated photo.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google