CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Green" corns?

Old 06-28-2002, 05:44 PM   #11
SilverTongue
perhaps it is a creamsicle, but if they can reproduse that same coloring over and over with some sort of regularity then it is indeed a new line. Because if you think about it. An albino is the same thing as a norm w/o the black. you have to remember all these snakes started out looking generaly the same. and hybrids mutating got involved. ergo we have multi coloring snakes. but they are still the same snakes as in the beginning

take this how ya want to.

Old 06-28-2002, 10:22 PM   #12
CrazyCorn
I agree....new strain...

Quote:
perhaps it is a creamsicle, but if they can reproduse that same coloring over and over with some sort of regularity then it is indeed a new line.
I also believe it is a new line. At simply snakes they say it is their own line which they produced. So if so,and its not just a fluke..then it is a new line as in a snow and a blizzard for comparison,they both look alike but just because the snow has a pattern it is a different line,as in okeetees and miamis,they look alot alike but are both different. and dont get me started on more....LOL! I just wish i still had my normal red phase corn zip!

Old 06-29-2002, 11:47 AM   #13
DustinWaller
green my favorite color also,that woud be sweet!

Old 06-30-2002, 11:03 AM   #14
CrazyCorn
Talking hmmmm.....further thoughts....

Well Thanks for all the responces everybody! I am still looking into this matter of "green cornsnakes". I think that it is very intresting how this has become a matter of opinion. I will still be searching for more clues and see what i can dig up,I think instead of a green ratsnake(which has very lime green coloring,but if you study the photo it is a darker shade of green) I believe they used a "Lime" snow corn x amel and possibly a few other mixes,maybe even another species of colubrid as in a rough green snake x amel
they are very closely related to the cornsnake. And speacial thanks to chris king for a photo of his snow green blocth cornsnake!! love the pic,if anyone else has photos feel free to show them off! i am really getting into this disscusion that i started!
My email,go ahead and email me anytime.

talk later!

Old 06-30-2002, 05:51 PM   #15
CrazyCorn
yet another intresting colored corn

Ok i was checking out rich's site,check it out! Pic
But it just might be me but it looks like it has a tinge of green coloring..

Old 07-01-2002, 12:46 AM   #16
SilverTongue
that is more of a mustard yellow in my opinion

Old 07-01-2002, 09:51 AM   #17
Elaphe_Mo
I think the caramels and ambers can have a bit of greenish looking tint to them, but I wouldn't exactly call them green corn snakes. I do like the look though

just my $.02

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google