CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Hurricane" terminology

Old 12-11-2004, 09:08 PM   #11
gardenmum
I agree, I like circleback. At least it gives people a name to use for a nice fully circled motley pattern.

Joe, nice hurricanes you have there. I will say, I don't feel it is all that hard to tell on a baby if a person knows what hurricane refers to. Yours baby pictures there are I feel are pretty obvious. And very nice looking too.

Here is a snow hurricane from Don S. and it definitely shows its protential even as a little one.

Old 12-30-2004, 08:30 PM   #12
Matt J
Butter motley pic

Here's the picture I said I'd post when I started the thread. There's a bit more of a pattern evident around each of the circles that has shown up more since HIS (yes, the snake has now been sexed) last shed. We'll just see how he colors out as he matures. Thanks to all who replied.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:29 PM   #13
JTGoff69
What morph is that last pic from your post 12/11 Joe? It is a sweet looking snake!!

Old 12-31-2004, 02:53 AM   #14
Walter Smith
Anerythristic 'HURRICANE' Motley

Here is a pic. of one of my Anerythristic 'Hurricane' Motleys. I got mine from Don as well and yes, He does have the nicest in the hobby !!!

Walter

Old 12-31-2004, 01:05 PM   #15
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGoff69
What morph is that last pic from your post 12/11 Joe? It is a sweet looking snake!!
That would be a Hurricane Lavender Motley that I bought from Ted Frey. I produced a few of those this year and it will be fun to watch them grow up.

This first guy is different. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but he seems to be a flat lavender color and nothing else. I suspect he is homo Anery A, but the only reason is that the gene is in the mix and he is different. (Well, the photos went in in a different order than I put them in. This guy is the third photo. The rest are out of order too, but it is probably obvious which are which).

The last couple of photos is the girl that you ask about curled up with a “Sunset” Lav Motley and a pair of them. They came from Ted Frey as well. I am not sure why they look so different yet, but I should have some test result in 05. The pair that I got from Frey is starting to develop more Lav coloration, and are kind of a Lavender speckled Motley at the moment. My other Sunset that came from my Lavs look the same as they did when they were hatchling. (Last photo)

I produce more of the Sunset Lavs in Striped and Normal Pattern this year, by matching up breeders that have produced them in the past, so it seems to be reproducible. I still don’t know exactly how I am producing them. My male in the last photo will be breeding in 05, so I should begin to see what is going on with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google