CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Chocolate" corn?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #11
Flagg
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup
Yes, isn't this a Don S creation or at least something he works with?

This is from Don's website at South mountain reptiles.
That looks pretty darn close to what the breeder had. Thanks! I'll inform him next show that they are NOT corn snakes.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:32 AM   #12
Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
An interesting snake to be sure. Remind me not to breed mine until I have the full understanding of thier genetics :P

Old 03-10-2007, 02:09 AM   #13
again23
I think this is kinda funny. I happen to be standing next to you when you were asking Bill about his chocolate corns. He even turned to me to ask me if i knew where they came from. what a small world. ill call him tomorrow and let him know you still have questions. stop back over next saturday and ill make sure he has more info.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:16 AM   #14
Flagg
Wierd. I don't really have more quiestions as I'm not looking for an Emory. I was just curious about that type of "corn" as I hadn't heard of them before.. I'm really looking for an Amber actually.

I'd also like to make it clear that I'm not trying to bad mouth the breeder, and I never mentioned any names myself. He actually has a nice assortment of corns at really good prices.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #15
again23
I dont think any1 thought you were bad mouthing any1. I talk to the "breeder" and know there is a stroy behind those snakes. I just wated to help clear up some of your questions. Im sorry for the confusion.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #16
Flagg
No problem, wasn't any confusion, I just didn't want anyone to take my comments the wrong way.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #17
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
That looks pretty darn close to what the breeder had. Thanks! I'll inform him next show that they are NOT corn snakes.
I have a 05 "Chocolate" Corn, a pretty amazing snake and gentle too. I will have to post pictures of him. If those hatchlings look like the snake I posted interesting. Mine looks nothing like that, yet. He has more silver than brown on his body.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #18
SnakeAround
If someone sells snakes with the right morph labels but doesn't know genetics, he is probably a wholesaler just using the labels his supplier put on them. Or he is selling snakes for someone else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google